Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 56 of 56.
03:20 PM on 07/05/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
disagree on them ever getting to ADTR's popularity. Their rise was because they were able to appeal to both the _____core and pop-punk fans, something Issues probably won't be able to do.
either way it was a damn shame that the 3/4 of the kids that came to see them with letlive, left after issues played at a show in my city
03:22 PM on 07/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
either way it was a damn shame that the 3/4 of the kids that came to see them with letlive, left after issues played at a show in my city
seriously? That's insane.
03:25 PM on 07/05/13
sordanj
Philadelphia, PA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not really into this kind of music but even I can see that this song is a million times better than the newest Woe Is Me song. At least it sounds like they're trying in this.
05:04 PM on 07/05/13
desertlights
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What do you mean? This group has had that element from the beginning, and he obviously is a huge part of the songwriting process. Why shouldn't he include the elements he wants into the music*?

*(assuming the other members aren't openly against that, but there's no evidence to suggest that)
That's my bad, actually. I haven't really followed this band all that closely, and that's mainly because I had heard that a few songs on the EP were diss tracks directed to WIM. Also, I just found their lack of a cohesive style to be a bit off-putting.
08:25 PM on 07/05/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I mean...I like it...I just, want Numbers on crack...and no one wants to give it to me
Numbers was so good largely due to the lead guitarwork of TIm Sherril who is the only member (I believe) to have left both the W,IM and Issues camp and not really dabble in anything else. You could tell with "Vengeance" that the guitarwork was very scaled back.
04:11 AM on 07/06/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Enjoyed this. Some of their electronics (like the intro) come off as nyeh, like their title EP track. But otherwise, I think they're still listenable.
11:16 AM on 07/06/13
justfoldedflags
User Info.
I'm feeling the same way. I don't really dig on the electronics, but this song seems like a grower, akin to their first EP. I hated it at first but find myself still spinning it from time to time. With a little bit more work and polish, Issues could do really well for themselves.
Imagine that chorus without electronics though, you've got a much much more boring chorus
11:17 AM on 07/06/13
justfoldedflags
User Info.
Well...I don't hate it. The only thing that really annoys me with this band is the fact that Tyler keeps trying to put an R&B spin on their songs. He really just needs to do whatever feels natural for the song. I know he's trying to get a solo career going doing that kind of music, but that's his own thing.
He's an R&B singer, all his influence is from there, he's only in a metal band because he loves all the energy involved, I'm pretty sure I read he barely listens to metal at all
11:40 AM on 07/06/13
danawalker
User Info.
This song is so catchy.
12:22 PM on 07/06/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
i prefer everything on black diamonds to this :/
09:05 AM on 07/08/13
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
Listened to this track a lot over the weekend. Love the chorus.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests