AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 122.
01:30 PM on 07/05/13
Chalie22
User Info.
Does it make me bad that I have never even heard of 99% of these albums/artists and yet im a part of a website called absolutePUNK?

:/

You never listened to the Descendents or Alkaline Trio? You sir are really missing out.
01:35 PM on 07/05/13
jjnunn118
The Alternative Review
User Info.
Wait... People don't realize that Jaded Punk Hulk is a joke?

EDIT: Totally didn't follow the link until after posting. Read it as JPH originally XD
01:36 PM on 07/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Wait... People don't realize that Jaded Punk Hulk is a joke?

EDIT: Totally didn't follow the link until after posting. Read it as JPH originally XD
JadedPunkHulk's accounts and JadedPunk.com are obviously related, but the site is not a flatout parody like the former is.

EDIT: just saw your edit lol. Nevermind then.
01:38 PM on 07/05/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Both lists have some decent picks. But I'm also one of those people who loves both Fall Out Boy and Lagwagon.

Does it make me bad that I have never even heard of 99% of these albums/artists and yet im a part of a website called absolutePUNK?

Not entirely, because the real "punk" site has always been Punknews.org and at this point I'm one of the only staffers (alongside Dre) that even seems to care about those types of bands. You should check out some of them though, there's some good stuff in there. I recommend starting off with Teenage Bottlerocket, The Dopamines and No Use For a Name.
02:12 PM on 07/05/13
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I've heard of a few but what I heard I don't really like. This list is more of a classic early 90s pop punk list. Simple Plan is. Awful band but their still pop punk even if their poppier. Blink 182 is the best pop punk band so the fact that there's no Blink albums on here makes it not relevant. The other list was better even if the descriptions were ridiculousley awful.
02:37 PM on 07/05/13
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
I agree with this list. PA's finest, Digger and Weston. Two good records.
02:40 PM on 07/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
You never listened to the Descendents or Alkaline Trio? You sir are really missing out.
I love your avatar
03:06 PM on 07/05/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Both lists are good, I like this one a little more though

I've heard of a few but what I heard I don't really like. This list is more of a classic early 90s pop punk list. Simple Plan is. Awful band but their still pop punk even if their poppier. Blink 182 is the best pop punk band so the fact that there's no Blink albums on here makes it not relevant. The other list was better even if the descriptions were ridiculousley awful.
well there are quite a few albums from the past 4-5 years (Dopamines, TBR, Mean Jeans, Masked Intruder, Copyrights, House Boat to name a few)
03:15 PM on 07/05/13
Chalie22
User Info.

Thanks! I love that record
04:01 PM on 07/05/13
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
this list is awesome. go fuckin die
04:15 PM on 07/05/13
xmtdiablow
User Info.
The Buzzfeed list was far better, it was just written poorly which is why people shit on it.
05:02 PM on 07/05/13
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
Damn, what a solid list of bands. Weston's Got Beat Up and Digger Powerbait makes me smile.

Weston is so underrated. I remember discovering them from the Street Sk8er soundtrack (which is a pretty solid soundtrack, looking back on it).
05:04 PM on 07/05/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
Weston is so underrated. I remember discovering them from the Street Sk8er soundtrack (which is a pretty solid soundtrack, looking back on it).
Holy fuck I remember this game.
05:10 PM on 07/05/13
qwerty22
snackin like an asshole in the usa
User Info.
The clash of these two schools of punk is what I deal with on a regular basis as a member of this site and also frequently attending shows with older folks who constantly name-drop these records.

There are some good records on both lists, but when every band is following the exact same formula, it gets old fast. That applies to both.
05:33 PM on 07/05/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
Thanks! I love that record
i want in on the love too. i love latterman!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS