Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

Stream New Hands Like Houses Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (07/17/13)
The new Hands Like Houses album is streaming in its entirety over at Rise Record's YouTube page.

Submitted by Codman301

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
01:41 PM on 07/17/13
NoRefuge
User Info.
Absolutely loving the album, they've taken everything that made Ground Dweller interesting and exciting (the lead guitar, Trenton's amazing vocals and the band's general talent and ambition) and really refined and polished it. The production's leaps and bounds better than their debut too. Stand out tracks so far would probably be the opener, Shapeshifters, A Tale of Outer Suburbia and A Fire on a Hill.
01:41 PM on 07/17/13
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I have mixed feelings about this record. A handful of tracks are great, but the rest just aren't too memorable. Developments is definitely a great opener though.
01:51 PM on 07/17/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I have mixed feelings about this record. A handful of tracks are great, but the rest just aren't too memorable. Developments is definitely a great opener though.

How I feel so far, I feel the crowd will be divided between those who appreciate the new direction, great production, and more varied songs but other people will lament the lack of really memorable songs and melodic intensity found in GD. It's nowhere near as good as GD for me so far but a solid follow up I'll listen this summer.
02:02 PM on 07/17/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
Waiting till I get my physical copy to hear it. I'm really digging the first track they put up for stream.
02:07 PM on 07/17/13
Codman301
User Info.
Waiting till I get my physical copy to hear it. I'm really digging the first track they put up for stream.
You sir, have more self control than I do. I'm already on my second listen through.
02:44 PM on 07/17/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
This band has become one of my favorites. The production on this album is so much better than GD.

On first listen, my favorites are No Parallels, A Tale of Outer Suburbia, and Weight.
02:55 PM on 07/17/13
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love it. much better all around than the last album. i feel like songs had little direction on the last one, but this one is just what it needs to be.
03:17 PM on 07/17/13
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
One of my favorite albums of the year.
03:19 PM on 07/17/13
deadelement
magic asian
User Info.
I still love the last song to bits, but some of it was just a little bit.. meh, a couple of really good songs though.
03:22 PM on 07/17/13
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i think i'll buy this album. enjoying everything i've heard so far.
03:43 PM on 07/17/13
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
His vocals sounds unique enough. It's like a mix between Jonny Craig, Patrick Stump, and Cove Reber vocals.

I'm not going to judge the whole album yet because I'm only on the third song, but so far it's very lyric heavy.
04:34 PM on 07/17/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Ground Dweller was a fantastic debut, but the production made it so flat. This new album doesn't seem to have any problems in that department. Everything sounds fantastic!
05:55 PM on 07/17/13
pepster50
User Info.
When i saw them live at warped the new songs seemed incredibly boring compared to the ones from GD. All the songs they have released so far I didn't really care for. They weren't bad, just not interesting. Will listen to this shortly and decide.
06:16 PM on 07/17/13
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I'm really liking this album. Wisteria is awesome.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests