|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
The Dramatic Finish - 07.19.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Dramatic Finish
Ryan Clayton - Vocals/Guitar
Adam Green - Lead Guitar
Sam King - Bass
Bryan Fowler - Drums
1. How did you get your band name?
The name came about when front man Ryan Clayton was frustrated by the lack of commitment, morals and integrity of certain members in his previous music ventures. He wanted to start something that was the climax to his musical song writing capability, something greater, something memorable.
2. How did this band get started?
The band was started when the drummer Bryan approached Ryan after their previous band called it quits. He told Ryan that he had "it" and he wanted to start a new killer project. They jammed, just the two of them for 3 months, setting the foundation of what was to become The Dramatic Finish
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Rise Against, Go Radio, A Day To Remember, Sum 41, The Ataris, Alexisonfire, Come Back Kid
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
From the very start of this band, Rise Against has been a common favorite band among each of the 4 members. We all agree that their music is timeless, true, and chalked full of integrity. We would love to tour with them and help carry on a legacy of making great music for the right reasons and performing it at the highest level.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fan made chocolate chip cookies!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us if they want catchy up tempo songs about true life things. We aren't in this for the popularity, we are in this to make our music for the right reasons and to make you feel what we feel inside when listening to the songs.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
WWE Legend: Bret The Hitman Hart
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We'd all thank our parents and spouses who've all helped and sacrificed so much so we can do what we love.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
No autotune live, no backing tracks. We miss the time when live meant live.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The best source for the best music. Intelligent, unbiased, subjective and fair reviews, creating a brand of integrity and consistency.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Greatest Crime of the 21st Century (from our debut EP)
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of childhood?
Pop punk bands like The Ataris and Blink 182.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to transform people with positive energy. Life is short and music is too unbelievably amazing to be cloaked in negativity.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Ryan Clayton (Vocals/Guitar) does his vocal warm ups while drinking pineapple juice with honey. Adam Green (Lead Guitar) chugs a monster energy drink. Sam King (Bass) jumps up and down and Bryan Fowler (Drums) changes into basketball shorts while humming his backup vocal parts.
17. What is something most fans don't know about you?
That we truly don't care about the popularity aspect of music. We write these songs because we feel them and hope that you will too. The particular song "Hang On" was written by Ryan Clayton in a effort to leave a legacy that could save a life with a single song.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The current state of radio is a dinosaur as far as we're concerned. It's still around and still holds power from a distribution sense. The younger generations are a full on iPod army. Getting your song on their ipod will create more success then getting your song on the radio in our opinion. We have been played on the radio and feel our "style" is marketable within the radio paradigm.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all enjoy a good comedy movie, fishing, reading, learning about space, time and the possibility of aliens.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ryan is a gifted chess player, Adam could win the forklift olympics, Sam is a woodworking god and Bryan is a genius electrician.
More From This Author