Logo courtesy of Vito Pagano...duh
Below is a list of band members participating in the Fantasy Football Challenge, the charity they are representing, the name of their fantasy football league and the day their fantasy draft will be held. The leagues are all hosted by Yahoo! Sports, using standard rules, schedules, rosters and scoring. Each league will be comprised of 8 teams (unless otherwise noted), including the band member participating, guaranteeing a small, tight-knit experience for users! At the end of the season, the strongest team out of all winning teams will be deemed the "overall winner," and the charity corresponding to the overall winner's league will receive all the proceeds we collect. So make sure you're the best, or else.
If you're interested in being a part of the challenge, first check out the list below and determine whose league you would want to be in. Since the leagues will fill up quickly, make a note of a few leagues you would want to play in. At 6pm EST, we will begin collecting entries. This is to give everyone an equal shot at being a part of the league they really want to be a part of. Beginning at 6pm EST, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and follow these instructions:
1. In the subject line, put the name of the band member whose league is your No. 1 choice. So, if I really want to be in Alex from All Time Low's fantasy league, my subject line will simply say "Alex Gaskarth."
2. In the body of the email, list the fantasy leagues you'd want to be in by preference. The time your email is submitted will be your place in line. Emails sent before 6pm EST will not be considered for entry.
If your first league choice is not available, we will move down your list and place you into the first available league. Again, these will fill up quickly, so we recommend putting at least your top five league choices in the body. You can list however many you want – if you want to rank all 18 leagues, feel free to do so! If none of the leagues you listed are available by the time we get to your email, you will lose your spot in "line" – so the more leagues you list, the better chance you have of getting placed into one of them!
3. Additionally in the body of the email, include your PayPal email address and your AbsolutePunk.net username. This is all the information we need from you in the email. Remember, this is for charity – so please do not send us an email if you do not intend of contributing your $20 when we ask for it. This will waste our time and take up a spot in a league that could be used by someone who would be willing to contribute.
4. After we tentatively slot you into a league, we will send you an email informing you of whose league you have been put in. We will also give you details of how to send the $20 via PayPal for charity. The PayPal account will be used only for this purpose – as a holding account of sorts, until the season ends, when we will donate all the contributions in one bulk sum. You will have 24 hours to send your $20 via PayPal to the holding account, and your spot in your league will be confirmed once you send this. If your contribution is not received within that timeframe, your spot will be given to someone else.
5. Once you are confirmed in your league, just sit tight. Most of the fantasy drafts aren't until the end of the month, but there are some drafts being held as early as this Friday, due to bands being on tour out of the country! When your entire league is filled, you will receive an email from us with your fantasy football commissioner – aka participating band member – CC'ed on the email chain. The commissioner will use this email chain to coordinate a time for your draft, etc. Also, this would be a good place to talk smack.
As was mentioned before, we'll have a lot of fantasy content coming your way throughout the season. Even before Week 1, we will bring some content your way in the form of predictions, mock draft situations, etc. Additionally, PropertyOfZack.com will be joining in with features about each band member's chosen charity and more fun content throughout the NFL season.
Now then....have at it!
Band -- Band Member Name -- Fantasy Football League Name -- Charity -- Draft Date
The Wonder Years -- Dan Campbell -- Kramer Goes to Fantasy Camp -- Partnership for Afterschool Education -- 8/20
The Wonder Years -- Josh Martin -- Pigeontown Football Club -- Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation -- 8/20
All Time Low -- Alex Gaskarth -- Smalltimore -- Maryland SPCA -- 8/9
All Time Low -- Jack Barakat -- Name TBD -- Charity TBD -- 8/13
Yellowcard -- Sean Mackin -- Petyon Care of Business, Every Day -- Skate for Cancer/WellSpring -- 8/20
letlive. -- Jason Butler -- The Annexation of Puerto Rico -- Westchester Youth and Government -- 8/20
Fireworks -- Chris Mojan -- Mojan-ukong Cruh -- Variety Detroit -- 8/20
Owen -- Mike Kinsella -- The Chicago Beers -- One Tail at a Time -- 8/20
Black Veil Brides -- Andy Biersack -- The League of Shadows -- Running Wild in the Night -- 8/20
The Starting Line -- Brian Schmutz -- Somebody's Gonna Win This -- Alex's Lemonade Stand -- 8/21
Motion City Soundtrack -- Jesse Johnson -- Ridley's Believe it or Not -- Shirts for a Cure/SSE -- 8/21
Handguns -- Brandon Pagano -- Beyond the Pines Football League -- Ronald McDonald House of Albany -- 8/21
Mixtapes -- Ryan Rockwell -- The Shome Dome League -- The American Heart Association -- 8/21
Man Overboard -- Nik Bruzzesse & Wayne Wildrick -- D-Fenderation X -- Shirts for a Cure/SSE -- 8/20
Silverstein -- Shane Told -- This is How the Coin Flips -- Skate for Cancer -- 8/21
We Are the In Crowd -- Mike Ferri -- Ferri's Angels -- Mid-Hudson Cat Sanctuary -- 8/15
Driver Friendly -- Andy Rector -- Driver Friendly Isn't Good At Fantasy Football -- Health Alliance for Austin Musicians -- 8/21
William Beckett -- William Beckett -- Team Tight Pants Presents… -- Keep a Breast -- 8/21
The Summer Set -- Brian Dales -- League of Legends & Half Moon Kids -- To Write Love on Her Arms -- 8/21