Username
Password
Panic At the Disco News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 70.
08:53 PM on 08/12/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
It's killin' me that Miss Jackson (which sounds a lot like My Songs..) is also placed #2 on the album. I swear if that song is nothing like the rest of this album (as My Songs is an oddity and hardly missed when your itunes is being douchey and never puts it on your ipod...) it'll be interesting to see how the album turns out.

I am anticipating this album so hard. It's weird.
09:11 PM on 08/12/13
ThisIsSuchAPity
Give me younger us
User Info.
The permeating and incorrect belief in this thread is that pop = bad
09:12 PM on 08/12/13
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
Intro into Martyr/Suicide was a great opener.
I meant according to the tracklist, Fever had an intro that was kind of just there, and technically Martyrdom was track 2. But if you count that as the opening track, then yeah.
09:15 PM on 08/12/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
It is Pretty. Odd.

Zing!!
Almost did that in my post haha
09:36 PM on 08/12/13
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Debatable. I'm a huge fan of both records, and there are certainly some songs on FAD I think are miles ahead of some on SR&R (Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes, She's My Winona, What A Catch, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown, America's Suitehearts) and there are songs on SR&R that I'd put way in front of FAD (Rat A Tat, Young Volcanoes, Save Rock & Roll, Death Valley, The Phoenix).

That's not to say I think there are really any downright awful songs on either album, but for me personally, FAD and SR&R are pretty neck-to-neck. I still think FOB has yet to write their best album.

Very well said. I just personally loved Folie so much more beginning to end.
09:50 PM on 08/12/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Urie is Vine famous guys! Spencer isn't, okay? Deal with it... This is just marketing! ;)

But seriously, I do really like the artwork. I would prefer if it was just some model instead of Urie though; simply because I just dont like band members on the cover of their cds in general... Still much better than the Vices artwork, in my opinion... Also, wish there were more tracks.
09:55 PM on 08/12/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I bet you thought they were going to be the next Beatles too, didn't you?
Are you serious? I'm a grown man. I'm thirty-four, I was raised on the beatles, and countless other great bands but I've also always loved current and underground/ alternative music. Panic has always been great pop music, bottom line. I was in a band for 9 years and we unfortunately had to deal with addiction ourselves, so maybe I just kind of understand where they might be coming from as far as their thought process.
10:17 PM on 08/12/13
PengusNiugnep
@PenguinGengar
User Info.
The way Dallon explained it, Spencer didn't want to be in the videos and stuff because he wanted to lay low while he gets help for his problems, and Dallon stepped out of them because they thought it would be worse for Spencer to be the only one not shown than for Brendon to be the only one shown.
10:28 PM on 08/12/13
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Can't say I'm a fan of the cover art.
10:56 PM on 08/12/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
They should have just done artwork instead of a photo (or had the picture be of a model instead of a band member).
11:12 PM on 08/12/13
randomacts
User Info.
Now that Dallon said that both songs released so far aren't their most favorites, I'm definitely exited to hear the rest

Also I'm gonna need people to get the fuck over that Spencer's not on the damn cover please

Puck you Miss!
11:17 PM on 08/12/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
11:23 PM on 08/12/13
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
User Info.
Isn't there a FOB album with their singer with a cigarette or whatever?
12:18 AM on 08/13/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
I like This Is Gospel more than Miss Jackson. So sue me. I still feel like this album will get the same reaction out of me that Save Rock & Roll did.

Dallon tweeted a little while ago that they want to make sure Spencer is completely focused on recovery, instead of focusing on the band. So, Brendon is doing what he does, and taking the spotlight, to help his friend, and Dallon isn't on the cover because they didn't want people to be like "Where's Spencer? What's wrong with Spencer?" and start digging in places they shouldn't be.
01:04 AM on 08/13/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
ugh the album title sounds like a dumb quote\slogan you'd see on tumblr
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives