AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
07:19 AM on 08/13/13
Ryan Dennehy
Great review. I agree fully with everything. This album is just lacking. It's a disappointment after Within And Without...
Thanks. I still listen to the debut kind of often so this was a really big disappointment for me. I wasn't exactly looking for something great, but this definitely wasn't what I wanted.

I think this is a good thing? Haha

The first half of the album is good, but tracks 6-8 are pretty weak. This review is terrible though.

Sorry you didn't like it. Thanks for reading anyway.
06:37 PM on 08/13/13
Ryan Dennehy
Figured I'd get these reactions, especially once other reviews started rolling out and were primarily positive. I just found it pretty boring, and I think it hit a unique chord with me that it didn't with most people. I wasn't just bored - I was actively irritated by it, which I think was pretty apparent. I'll probably never listen to this record again.

I would hope other people still listen to form their own opinions.
08:29 AM on 08/14/13
Ryan Dennehy
Didn't even realize I used silly so many times/in such different ways. Ooops.
When you're this vitriolic and negative, it will turn people away, man. Bummer for Ernest. Hope people still flock to this record. But I applaud you for being honest and sticking to your guns.

Yeah, I think people will. For the most part, it seems that even if I'm not alone in disliking the record, few people really identify with the strong reaction it elicited from me. It's gotten enough positive coverage elsewhere that I don't think my opinion matters all that much in the scheme of things.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums