Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
02:06 PM on 08/22/13
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
same score as pitchfork
Craig Jenkins wrote the Doris pitchfork review, and Jake Jenkins wrote the Doris absolutepunk review. Craig Jenkins gave it an 8.3, Jake Jenkins gave it an 8.25, which is basically an 8.3.

They must be brothers/cousins/father-son writing together.

#ReviewerConspiracy
02:24 PM on 08/22/13
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Really enjoyed the interview, ive been looking for a word to describe Domo since I first heard him, and I guess boring really is the word. He can still be nice to listen sometimes though.
03:01 PM on 08/22/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Burgundy is on the bright side of things? Isn't the whole first verse about how he can't spend enough time with his grandmother who is dying because he has messed up priorities related to the pressures of fame?
03:06 PM on 08/22/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Great review and great album!
03:07 PM on 08/22/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Burgundy is on the bright side of things? Isn't the whole first verse about how he can't spend enough time with his grandmother who is dying because he has messed up priorities related to the pressures of fame?

Production wise

Which was already clarified
03:10 PM on 08/22/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Production wise

Which was already clarified
As a result, this album is all over the place with songs like “Burgundy” that are on the brighter side of things and songs like “Sasquatch” and “Guild” that take a dive into the darker parts of Earl's mind.

I mean that's a pretty vauge statement. On the brighter side of things production wise would've made more sense. That sounds like on the brighter side of Earl's mind considering the parallel nature of the sentence
03:15 PM on 08/22/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
As a result, this album is all over the place with songs like “Burgundy” that are on the brighter side of things and songs like “Sasquatch” and “Guild” that take a dive into the darker parts of Earl's mind.

I mean that's a pretty vauge statement. On the brighter side of things production wise would've made more sense. That sounds like on the brighter side of Earl's mind considering the parallel nature of the sentence
yeah I could have worded it better. but someone already brought it up in this thread and I clarified what I meant
05:31 PM on 08/22/13
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
Yo this is a cool review. Love the album myself. He definitely has room to grow and I hope he does for the next records/project/whatever.
07:11 PM on 08/22/13
Rodeo
User Info.
Loved this record so much.
08:52 PM on 08/22/13
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yeah, the more I listen to this, the more I absolutely love it. Review is very good, as well.
09:15 PM on 08/22/13
xananomaly
User Info.
"RZA also shows up on "Molasses" for an enticing verse that picks up the pace of the back of the album, which does tend to drag a little bit."

he had no verse, just one line.
09:51 PM on 08/22/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
"RZA also shows up on "Molasses" for an enticing verse that picks up the pace of the back of the album, which does tend to drag a little bit."

he had no verse, just one line.
whoops, bad oversight, meant to just say guest spot
10:10 PM on 08/22/13
xananomaly
User Info.
whoops, bad oversight, meant to just say guest spot
jah no big shit but the beat is his that he contributed, niceness there
10:48 PM on 08/22/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
ya but i posted that before they did sooo
Yeah I noticed that happy coincidence too. You must really know rap to get the same scores!

What I like about the above comment is how it could be considered negative towards you and pitchfork, or either on their own. But I think they know rap quite well so you can take it as a compliment.
10:53 PM on 08/22/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yeah I noticed that happy coincidence too. You must really know rap to get the same scores!

What I like about the above comment is how it could be considered negative towards you and pitchfork, or either on their own. But I think they know rap quite well so you can take it as a compliment.

Haha, true. I still haven't read their earl review but I tend to agree with them when it comes to hip-hop and Craig Jenkins (the guy who does a lot of the hip-hop for them (no relation)) is a great writer

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos