Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 59
06:35 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Regarding the label identity question (which is a fantastic question, and a topic worth really exploring), for me, I'll go after anything No Sleep or Triple Crown these days.
Definitely agree about the label identity question. Really great topic that I've thrown around in my mind from time to time.

Triple Crown is very reliable, I feel. Looking at the label's current artists, I enjoy Bad Books, Caspian, The Dear Hunter, Fireworks, IIOI, Moving Mountains, NK, and O'Brother. 8/10 seems really solid to me.
06:44 PM on 08/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
They definitely have been getting better and better. The flow and content has become very concise, especially on this one. I understand why some people may not want to sit down and listen to a podcast for about an hour or more, but I thought this one was entertaining all the way through and I'm not even into baseball. I just like how it tied into lifestyles of people in general. It helped keep it accessible.
Yeah, that's kinda the goal. I know some people like reading interviews and all that -- and that's fine -- this is just a different medium for talking about music and life and whatever we feel like talking about. Haha.
06:47 PM on 08/23/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Yeah, that's kinda the goal. I know some people like reading interviews and all that -- and that's fine -- this is just a different medium for talking about music and life and whatever we feel like talking about. Haha.
I enjoy both. I used to listen to podcasts here and there throughout my time in high school. I enjoy just laying down in my bed and listening. It's very relaxing and free-flowing. Doesn't require as much concentration, at least for me.
06:56 PM on 08/23/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I think next week is Tom from Run for Cover Records / Hostage Calm.

Then we have Jim from Jimmy Eat World, Balance and Composure, and The Dear Hunter all on deck.

Man...you guys have this thing stacked haha so awesome to hear, especially because I have limited internet here but I'll be able to check all of these out once I move into my dorm tomorrow. Such an awesome idea.
07:45 PM on 08/23/13
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
these podcasts are great, keep up the good work!
08:22 PM on 08/23/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
This was pretty sad
08:38 PM on 08/23/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
thanks for all the nice comments everyone and thanks for listening - means the world
09:34 PM on 08/23/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Can't wait to listen tomorrow. Just one of the most interesting guys around.

Long live puig destroyer.
09:50 PM on 08/23/13
Greg
User Info.
Finally gave myself the time to check this out. Highly enjoyed this episode. It was really fun to hear Riley go into detail on the recording process for a lot of their albums. Always appreciate it when band members are so open about the behind the scenes stuff, like how Island just didn't know how to handle them. Gonna go watch some live youtube videos (Shock Hound Sessions and Redbull Sessions at least) and then go watch their live DVD to wind down for the night.

Keep up the good work guys!I am personally a fan of conversational podcasts, so I really dig the format.
10:09 PM on 08/23/13
qwerty22
--
User Info.
People will probably look back at No Sleep with the same fondness that many currently do with those previous niche labels.
10:31 PM on 08/23/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
ditto

I went through a huge Water/Air/Major/Minor kick after that podcast recording.

Nice!!
10:35 PM on 08/23/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
People will probably look back at No Sleep with the same fondness that many currently do with those previous niche labels.
I think so too. Shoulda mentioned that.
03:07 AM on 08/24/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I haven't listened to many of these, aside from the Max Bemis and Jeremy Bolm episodes, but this was a great episode. Really great discussions, although I wish there was a bit more baseball talk haha!
08:51 AM on 08/24/13
harveyn590
User Info.
Rileys answer as to if Island dropped the ball was so thought out and mature. Super refreshing.
09:32 AM on 08/24/13
harveyn590
User Info.
Regarding the label identity question (which is a fantastic question, and a topic worth really exploring), for me, I'll go after anything No Sleep or Triple Crown these days.
ya good question. I love Sargent House but other labels that come to mind are Canvasback, Ghostly, Woodsist, DFA and Third Man.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos