Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 62
02:33 PM on 08/26/13
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
User Info.
I get the point he's trying to make, but he comes across so supercilious. Not EVERYONE liked Thrice that much, bro.
02:44 PM on 08/26/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
The title just isn't doing it for me. ( obvious joke if you were on the thread the other day)
You know, it's just not enough for me.
02:51 PM on 08/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Blah
02:58 PM on 08/26/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Powerful. Cannot wait for new DK.
02:59 PM on 08/26/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Says the acoustic Yellowcard fan....
03:00 PM on 08/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Says the acoustic Yellowcard fan....
03:01 PM on 08/26/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I get the point he's trying to make, but he comes across so supercilious. Not EVERYONE liked Thrice that much, bro.
He's a worship leader for a ministry he really believes in. I've met him twice (thrice?) and he's as real & humble as it gets.
03:03 PM on 08/26/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I kind of like it, instrumentally. Dig it as a powerful crescendo.
Still prefer Thrice though.
03:03 PM on 08/26/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
;) but seriously though, Thrice was the most interesting, risk taking band that the scene ever had.
03:10 PM on 08/26/13
doyouhas?
We're On Our Way Home.
User Info.
He's a worship leader for a ministry he really believes in. I've met him twice (thrice?) and he's as real & humble as it gets.
Quote:
Though every soul would hold my name in honor
And truest love was always by my side
My praises sung by grateful sons and daughters

I don't know him personally so I can only speak to the song. And I think he's assuming quite a bit with lyrics like that.
03:29 PM on 08/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
;) but seriously though, Thrice was the most interesting, risk taking band that the scene ever had.
I enjoy much of Thrice's music. Doesn't mean I'll enjoy every song Dustin releases for the rest of his life.
03:33 PM on 08/26/13
getupguy222
User Info.
I don't know him personally so I can only speak to the song. And I think he's assuming quite a bit with lyrics like that.
He's only stating "if I had those things" it wouldn't be enough. I being a part of a church, see where he's coming from, with such a great heritage of songs, one of my favorite lines is to a song is "Riches I heed not, nor men's empty praise" from Be Thou My Vision. It again is saying "if I had these things" it would pale in comparison to Christ.

However that being said, I do totally get that people outside of that heritage, it maybe doesn't make that much sense. Though I never got how most thrice fans got songs like Beggars or all the world is mad for the same reasons.
03:33 PM on 08/26/13
Lucas27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's not assuming anything. He's using pretty extravagant words to stress that fact that no matter how much praise he gets or would get, it would never be enough to satisfy his soul ultimately. In fact, contrary to what you're saying, if we applied this line to our own lives we'd be far more humble.

That is, if we understood how empty our own praise was, we'd be much more invested in the glory of God and others.
03:40 PM on 08/26/13
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
great song. his voice sounds marcus mumford-y. man what a collaboration that would be, eh?
03:40 PM on 08/26/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
This song is all about humility, and you are somehow perceiving the exact opposite.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos