AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Emery News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Emery
Inside AP.net

Emery Leave Tooth & Nail; Start up Bad Christian...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/09/13)
Emery is leaving Tooth & Nail Records to start its own label, Bad Christian Records. The band will also start a weekly podcast on its blog, self-publish an e-book, and will continue to tour.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
05:14 PM on 09/09/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
This is perfect. I can't wait to see how this goes over, especially with their super spiritual fans.
05:17 PM on 09/09/13
osicky
User Info.
cool. I think?
05:27 PM on 09/09/13
peanutismint
User Info.
I like Emery, and I like what they're trying to do regarding their faith. I must say, though, they seem to LOVE the fact that they're not what most people would consider 'Christians' to be like a bit too much, and they seem to do this quite un-eloquently... Every blog post is like 'Oh look at us, we swear but we also read the Bible' (as if that's something new). And I feel like as a 'Bad Christian' myself, I can say that!
05:48 PM on 09/09/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
lawl
05:49 PM on 09/09/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
at first i thought they meant christian records that aren't good. which would also be a jab to tooth and nail because that's all they've put out in the last few years (with a few exceptions)
06:07 PM on 09/09/13
KiDurango
Band
User Info.
at first i thought they meant christian records that aren't good. which would also be a jab to tooth and nail because that's all they've put out in the last few years (with a few exceptions)
I interpreted the label name the EXACT same way! lol
06:11 PM on 09/09/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Terrible name.
06:26 PM on 09/09/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
wow, i was expecting this 10 year tour they have coming up to be more of a farewell type of thing
07:30 PM on 09/09/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I like Emery, and I like what they're trying to do regarding their faith. I must say, though, they seem to LOVE the fact that they're not what most people would consider 'Christians' to be like a bit too much, and they seem to do this quite un-eloquently... Every blog post is like 'Oh look at us, we swear but we also read the Bible' (as if that's something new). And I feel like as a 'Bad Christian' myself, I can say that!
i see what you mean on that. for example this summer a buddy's band played with a moderately well known"christian" band and they were hanging out smoking weed with us, it kind of surprised me but in the end not everyone lives this super pure lifestyle you're led to believe. its no different than a christian of have sex out of marriage or drinking alcohol. people will always have different interpretations on how they should live their life.
07:37 PM on 09/09/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
I interpreted the label name the EXACT same way! lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one! It would be too good!
07:50 PM on 09/09/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Drew didn't give me credit

I think it's cool that they're working on self-publishing, and I hope their label venture works out well.
07:50 PM on 09/09/13
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
Bit surprising
07:51 PM on 09/09/13
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
User Info.
What's the point in doing that for?
07:53 PM on 09/09/13
unnameworthy
Gypsy Wizard
User Info.
As a former Christian and longtime Emery fan who occasionally checks out their blog Un-learning, I feel compelled to point out that they're a lot more orthodox than their branding suggests. "Bad Christian" echoes sentiments like "it's not religion, it's relationship:" it's a trite repackaging that offends no one besides the hyper-conservative and that means nothing outside intra-faith politics.

In announcing this new label on their blog, the guys quote the "Listing to Freddie Mercury" lines "we are all the same, people/with sinning hearts that make us equal." I feel that sums the whole thing up: they affirm rather than challenging Christian doctrine, which is ultimately rather good-Christian.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums