Password
Saves the Day News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 101.
10:50 AM on 09/13/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
they could never release something horrible
His voice is so unbearable now, I can't stand it. It didn't seem so bad on this, though.
10:53 AM on 09/13/13
sabinx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
average album. about what I expected.

lifelong saves the day fan since the beginning so I understand that they've put out a career's worth of amazing album.

Gotta just enjoy whatever last gems come out while they are still going.

Stand In The Stars - best song on the album, hands down.
10:57 AM on 09/13/13
SlyZ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The singer's voice just annoys the fuck out of me
11:02 AM on 09/13/13
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
Are the songs like that shitty "ring pop" song or was that just a one of on the album?
11:02 AM on 09/13/13
brookssurrender
User Info.
Surprised at how much I'm liking this since the past couple albums they've released haven't really done anything for me. Sounds kind of like it could have been made in between SWYA and In Reverie.
11:06 AM on 09/13/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
So "Verona" rules. "Remember" and "Ring Pop" are both pretty good, but for the most part, I was disappointed by how boring this was...it just sounds watered down. Here's to hoping it grows on me.
11:06 AM on 09/13/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Album is good. Wish it was more in the same vein as In Reverie as opposed to SWYA though.

I really thought it was a good album.

It is interesting that you want more of an In Reverie sound. I could never really get into that album. I tried listening to it again the other day and it still didn't click. "Anywhere With You" is a good tune though.
11:07 AM on 09/13/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
love it
11:12 AM on 09/13/13
Greg
User Info.

It is interesting that you want more of an In Reverie sound. I could never really get into that album. I tried listening to it again the other day and it still didn't click. "Anywhere With You" is a good tune though.

It took years for In Reverie to click for me. Recently I've been listening to it more than any other STD album. It's brilliant.
11:14 AM on 09/13/13
gsmartin
As Always
User Info.
I don't think this sounds like Daybreak and honestly, I think that's a good thing. "In The In Between" "Supernova" and "Stand In The Stars" are incredible. This is my favorite CD of theirs since Sound The Alarm.
11:18 AM on 09/13/13
paoLAWL
Working on my night cheese.
User Info.

I just think the style of In Reverie suits them better at this stage in their career.

That album felt mature, an album that I could see them making and succeeding rather than them trying to recapture the youth of SWYA-era Saves the Day and falling short. That's my opinion though.
11:24 AM on 09/13/13
bgeez120
User Info.
I think this album is a step in the right direction for Chris Conley and the gang. I love all of the tracks, although I think "Beyond All of Time" is kind of weak, but it's still a good track. The musicianship and lyrics I think are phenomenal and overall, I'd give this album an easy 9/10.
11:26 AM on 09/13/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
some good moments, but not very good overall. his voice still sucks, but it doesn't seem nearly as bad on this one as it did on everything since Sound The Alarm
11:26 AM on 09/13/13
Joaly
Boy with two eyes.
User Info.
It sounds incredible. I'm loving it so far.
11:31 AM on 09/13/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
It took years for In Reverie to click for me. Recently I've been listening to it more than any other STD album. It's brilliant.

Good to know. Maybe one day it will do the same for me. I don't think it is bad it just doesn't hit me like the rest of their discography does.

I just think the style of In Reverie suits them better at this stage in their career.

That album felt mature, an album that I could see them making and succeeding rather than them trying to recapture the youth of SWYA-era Saves the Day and falling short. That's my opinion though.

You make really good points. It is definitely an album where they sound their age. I goes I just like the energy of their other releases more, Although it is good musically it doesn't feel as alive as the rest of their work does to me. It is interesting how music hits us all a little differently.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests