AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: Smashing Pumpkins "Oceania...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/17/13)
Today we are giving away two copies of the double CD and DVD set of The Smashing Pumpkins' Oceania Live. Hit the replies to find out how to enter and win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
11:19 AM on 09/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
The Smashing Pumpkins "Oceania Live" 2CD/DVD Set GiveawayIf you saw The Smashing Pumpkins live, what would be the perfect SP song to close with and why? My favorite two answers will win a set. Winners will be contacted by the end of the day

11:21 AM on 09/17/13
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
We Only Come Out at Night

Because it'd be fucking perfect.
11:24 AM on 09/17/13
BobbyBlakeMonro
User Info.
"Eye of the Mourning" It would be awesome because it just starts off with Billy singing and playing guitar and then builds up from there. The guitar solo in the song is killer, and you would end the show with Billy just screaming "What is it you want to change?" Could you ask for anything better?
11:28 AM on 09/17/13
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
gossamer

to see how the crowd reacts and how much of it they can endure
11:36 AM on 09/17/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Porcelina. A final journey, with rocking highs and serene lows.
11:43 AM on 09/17/13
GNARgnarGnar
Hi i'm Casey Aylward!
User Info.
Disarm. I'm always imagining this song ending something huge like your favorite movie, period of your life, or maybe the last show ever played by The Pumpkins, if that time ever comes. Music today can still be really exciting, but something on their early recordings captured a lightning in the bottle effect. This is one of those few songs that can transport a person back to a specific time and place, brilliant.
11:51 AM on 09/17/13
iseeumonkey
User Info.
I flew up to the Boston date of this tour, and during the hits set at the end, they played one of my favorite songs, X.Y.U. They put so much intensity into the song that I was blown away. Billie played a part of the solo with his teeth. Plus the growling of the verse: "Mary had a little lamb, her face was white as snow, and everywhere that Mary went, I was sure to go, etc." mixed with his yelling of "And into the eyes of the jackal, I say ka-boom!" was epic. The instrumental at the end is a perfect outro for one of their more aggressive sets.
12:06 PM on 09/17/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
The beginning is the end is the beginning. It's not a song they typically close with or even play. But I would never want their show to end and considering their amount of material they have to choose from, they have so many songs that would be great closers. This track is perfect for the elitist/completist fans to get their unexpected closer an it's an increbly epic song. Great giveaway!
12:09 PM on 09/17/13
crowbarmark
so much better than you
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1979, it's what I grew up with
12:14 PM on 09/17/13
dustydb3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Porcelina. Because I, like Porcelina, would literally not have a care in the whole world after hearing it.
12:41 PM on 09/17/13
dreamoverrecord
User Info.
stand inside your love has always been my favorite song.
12:46 PM on 09/17/13
a3s1g1
User Info.
Might have to go with 'To Forgive'.

I've never seen any version of the Pumpkins live but I think that song would adequately and appropriately be the come-down finale that would be a great send-off to the emotional high of the show...plus, I love Mellon Collie like everyone else.
12:49 PM on 09/17/13
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stand Inside Your Love - to share that moment with my wife seeing one of her favorite bands of all time closing with her favorite song.

side note: I saw them on their spring tour this year, my wife and I were supposed to go, but she didn't feel it was a good idea being 9 months pregnant. I got home at midnight and was at the hospital 4 a.m....after joking about her going into labor during their set for 3 months, it was a close call.
01:10 PM on 09/17/13
donturnaway17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Through The Eyes of a Ruby
To me this song is the epitome of the Pumpkins. The balance of the soft, delicate and beautiful with the heavines, fuzz and snarl that the band could explode with. It's as epic as Billy's ego and would truly make for a grand finale.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests