Jack
User Info.
People suck.
01:42 PM on 09/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
i get those ones are fucked up i just don't get why this one was the example
So you think his reply was acceptable too? It's alright that, if someone refuses your sexual advances, to attempt to shame them because of it?
01:55 PM on 09/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
lol i'm not defending these dudes, just seemed tame compared to what they are saying they usually get. just thought it was odd to use this one as the prime example to let people know these dudes are scumbags when, yea its kinda offensive but not over the top disrespectful
True, some of the others they mentioned were a bit more over-the-top. But this is probably pretty representative of most of the messages of this type that they receive. It's casual misogyny, basically. And that's pretty much as terrible on a cultural level

That being said, they may not have really spent much time deciding which specific example to post, and we both are overthinking it.
01:51 PM on 09/30/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
show me da banhammer...lol
But seriously you can do better than posting gossip BS...you have built a great site and community.
No reason to waste that on this garbage
Do you seriously think this is just "gossip"? A woman being harassed (and threatened) on a daily basis because of her gender is a real fucking problem, dumbass.

I believe that's definitely something that should be discussed. And I think posting about it here makes a ton of sense. Lauren is a musician (that has quite a lot of fans on this site). Misogyny is a huge issue in the music industry and most music communities. Pretending like it doesn't exist just makes the problem worse.
12:15 PM on 10/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
First thing - what people are saying to her is wrong - never stated anything against that.
Second thing - Use of dumbass was uncalled for.
Third thing - Your assumption that this type of behavior doesn't and hasn't been happening to males seems to be a bit short sighted.
Fourth thing - My comment about this being garbage is in regards to the types of discussion that happen on forums surrounding controversial topics. (Look at the Dustin kensrue threads) This is not the socratic discussion you seem to see from your high horse.
When did I say this doesn't happen to males too? I stated a fact. Women are the receiving end of a disproportionate amount of harassment. Period.

Still not "gossip", and your comment was still pathetic. Just because something is controversial does not mean it can't be discussed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS