Username
Password
Story of the Year News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Story of the Year
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Story Of The Year

Posted by: Jonathan Bautts (10/07/13)
Our interview with Story Of The Year can be found here. Don't forget Ten Years and Counting is out tomorrow, while the Scream It Like You Mean It Tour also kicks off in Cincinnati.
I donít think anything holds up necessarily better than anything, itís all preference. If the songís good then itís going to stand the test of time, and if itís not, it wonít. Thereís no rules in music, and I struggle with this stuff all the time. Whatís the better way to do things? Should I write a song about this? Should I write a song about that? You never know. Thereís no way to tell.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
09:32 AM on 10/07/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
The acoustic songs sound great. I can't wait to see these guys on Friday.
10:36 AM on 10/07/13
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
I think this is one of 10 year re-releases (if that's what you want to call it) that I'm really excited for.
12:10 PM on 10/07/13
1993mic
User Info.
In the Shadows is definitely the odd song on the album. Also, sad about no Falling Down and Burning Years :(
12:11 PM on 10/07/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
How exactly did they run out of time to work out Burning Years and Falling Down if they're self releasing? I just don't get why you would do a 10 year anniversary album and not include all the songs from the original album.
01:21 PM on 10/07/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
How exactly did they run out of time to work out Burning Years and Falling Down if they're self releasing? I just don't get why you would do a 10 year anniversary album and not include all the songs from the original album.
He probably meant that they had budgeted a certain amount of money for studio time, and they just couldn't afford to add more since they did the whole thing themselves.
02:01 PM on 10/07/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
He probably meant that they had budgeted a certain amount of money for studio time, and they just couldn't afford to add more since they did the whole thing themselves.
Ah, yeah that's probably true. Regardless, the songs are awesome.
02:43 PM on 10/07/13
Micklovin
User Info.
Listening now since it's Oct 8 here in Oz. This is so so good! Was really looking forward to hearing Falling Down I gotta say! :(
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums