Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
08:53 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I haven't been a fan since WSYFM, but I'll always check out a new ADTR record (especially given the circumstances). Is this streaming anywhere?
08:53 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Good review. I wish they'd stick to being a pop band though.

Really? I enjoy they're heavier songs ("Violence" being the exception) much more.
09:33 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
That was their last album....

...aaand I didn't enjoy it? Your question? Haha
11:12 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Dead and Buried is a complete throwaway

Really? I think it's one of the biggest songs on the album. If anything, "Best of Me" and "I Surrender" take the award for shittiest filler on the record.

Spot-on review. Thomas. Excellently written.
11:45 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Why would they put filler on an album they said they already had too much content for and paid for the recording of? Haha. You just dislike the songs, although I agree there are some weaker moments on here.

In most cases, bands don't choose to put filler on their records...it's the listeners that choose what comes off as filler and what doesn't, and of course I dislike the songs I think are filler haha. At least it's got less than WSYFM did, especially since that was a 10-track record.
09:40 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Why don't you enjoy "Violence"?

I'm just not a huge fan of the metal-y lead, or the cheesey call-out. I don't hate it or anything, it's just one of my least favorite moments on the album.
09:43 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Sincerely enjoy "Sometimes You're the Hammer" and "Dead & Buried" more than any of the other non-ballad material here. Two of the best songs the band has written imo...the ballads on this record might be THE best songs they've ever written.
11:30 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I surrender and I'm already gone are amazing.

I'm not huge on "I Surrender", but I think "I'm Already Gone" and "End of Me" are really progressive steps in songwriting for them.
11:34 AM on 10/08/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Hey Thomas - You say "Common Courtesy is an easy step up from its predecessor, What Separates Me From You"... but you gave that album a 7.5. Which is higher than the 7 you gave Common Courtesy. That doesn't add up.

... granted I've only listened to CC a couple times thus far, but I feel WSMFY is a better album.

Albums age differently with different people...I believe I read something similar regarding his review of Neighborhoods. Initial feelings towards a record or band can change with anyone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos