Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 189.
10:06 PM on 10/07/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This might be my favorite review of yours haha well done!

I'm about halfway through and definitely digging this. Really shocked with how good it is besides the mosh calls and chugs but even those are "fun"
10:11 PM on 10/07/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Suuuuuper cheesy so far.
10:12 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Dead and Buried is a complete throwaway

Really? I think it's one of the biggest songs on the album. If anything, "Best of Me" and "I Surrender" take the award for shittiest filler on the record.

Spot-on review. Thomas. Excellently written.
10:15 PM on 10/07/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
is it cool to like this band again?
10:16 PM on 10/07/13
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album is fantastic. ADTR does it again.
10:25 PM on 10/07/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
This is a perfect remainder why I fell in love with this band when I first saw them play at Bamboozle Left in 08. For Those Who Have is my favorite album of theirs, but this will surely pass it up. Serious props to these guys for pulling this off; they deserve all of the success.
10:27 PM on 10/07/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
There is no way this is a step up from What Separates Me. Sticks and Bricks and Its Complicated are leagues better than every song on Common Courtesy.
save for about three songs that album is completely forgettable, even for a pretty forgettable brand of music
10:32 PM on 10/07/13
lifeshellaill
User Info.
this album is so much fun. gonna be a great album for the gym.
10:39 PM on 10/07/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really? I think it's one of the biggest songs on the album. If anything, "Best of Me" and "I Surrender" take the award for shittiest filler on the record.

Spot-on review. Thomas. Excellently written.
Why would they put filler on an album they said they already had too much content for and paid for the recording of? Haha. You just dislike the songs, although I agree there are some weaker moments on here.
10:45 PM on 10/07/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Why would they put filler on an album they said they already had too much content for and paid for the recording of? Haha. You just dislike the songs, although I agree there are some weaker moments on here.

In most cases, bands don't choose to put filler on their records...it's the listeners that choose what comes off as filler and what doesn't, and of course I dislike the songs I think are filler haha. At least it's got less than WSYFM did, especially since that was a 10-track record.
10:51 PM on 10/07/13
chrisTALKIE
User Info.
I Remember is a great pop song. I'm actually really impressed with the slower/poppier tracks on this album.
10:53 PM on 10/07/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't think bands ever really think what they're doing is filler. And yet filler happens. Sum 41 ending up spending their own money to record two songs that they felt strongly needed to be on their last album. Guess what, those were the two that felt most like filler. I guess people do use that to decsribe things they don't like, but in Sum 41's case they really ruined the flow of the album. That's when something really does feel like filler.
10:58 PM on 10/07/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think bands ever really think what they're doing is filler. And yet filler happens. Sum 41 ending up spending their own money to record two songs that they felt strongly needed to be on their last album. Guess what, those were the two that felt most like filler. I guess people do use that to decsribe things they don't like, but in Sum 41's case they really ruined the flow of the album. That's when something really does feel like filler.
I just never really use that term unless a song lacks a purpose in its lyrical content and sounds lazy instrumentally. To each their own
11:02 PM on 10/07/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I just never really use that term unless a song lacks a purpose in its lyrical content and sounds lazy instrumentally. To each their own
Point taken. Anything that makes an album feel longer than it should be feels like filler to me. Lazy probably is the definitive characteristic though.
11:10 PM on 10/07/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
it's either too late in the evening, or i'm too old in my life to listen to this, but it sounds like the albums from them i like (the first two?) but this sounds like a bunch of same-y bullshit to me. idk, we all have it tough. lawsuit or not, i don't need a band to pump me up to a bunch of non-existent bullies.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums