Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts
Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 130
10:51 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The interview actually made me feel bad that the band won't have a top 3 or 4 (or maybe 1) album to be honest. Like .. they probably would have definitely been close ... and regardless of my thoughts on anything else ... I feel legit bad they can't experience that because of how this went down. I hope somehow they get some gold records outta this to make up for it. Haha.
11:55 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
He says that Tony doesn't have anything to hold over their heads now, but until the suit is finally settled and in their favor, I don't think that's very accurate.
I think he was mostly worried about not ever being able to put this album out -- and if they end up having to go back to Victory or whatever, then they'll cross that bridge, but the biggest worry was never being able to release CC.
11:56 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Great interview Jason! One of the best I've ever read and I'm really confident that they can come out of this lawsuit on top now.

I'm guessing that band is Silverstein as well. I'm glad their Victory now, they're doing amazing things now with Hopeless.
Thanks!
12:02 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah, in the context of releasing this album, at least they got that accomplished.

I guess you could call it...

*puts on sunglasses*

a small victory.
12:27 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
is billboard going to count the digital releases this week from adtr's website? or do they begin counting when the physical copies are released?
I don't believe they are submitting sales from the digital release at this time.
12:27 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
great job with the interview! one of the most interesting interviews i've ever read on here
Thanks.
01:35 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
great read, well done Jason. rooting for these guys.
Thanks!

Dope interview, it was great getting such an insight from the band's perspective on this whole situation.

I'm thinking that band he mentions has to be Silverstein as well, considering they did a Canadian tour with them in 09 and then Silverstein supported their US tour the following spring.
That would be my uniformed guess too.

Really enjoyed this read. Jeremy was really respectful of the situation they are in and seems to genuinely be concerned about his fans feeling appreciated.

Was not expecting to read an interview that long, wow. Even if you're not a fan of ADTR, it seems you can't help but want to root for them after all of this. I'm going to check this record out because this guy seems like such a decent dude.
Haha, yeah, it was pretty epic.
02:40 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
... ? I went through it best I could ... haha. What is it, I'll fix it.
02:56 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Also, because of your post deciphering the contract, it made me go back and re-read what an album was defined as in ours lol.
Haha, can I ask? I'm curious ..
02:57 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Haha, I was just saying that because I know you took forever transcribing it. I forget where it is. Really good read, though, thanks a bunch for it.
This is almost worse! Now I KNOW it's there ... ghahhhhhhh.

Hahaha.
03:17 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Of course.

In this Agreement: "Album" means a long-playing Record containing at least 10 separate musical compositions, with a total playing time of at least 35 minutes; and "Masters" means sound recordings embodying Artist’smusical performances, which are recorded and/or initially commercially releasedduring the Term (defined below), as well as any additional master soundrecordings embodying performances of Artist recorded during the Term
Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I had never seen such a vague contract ... everything else I've seen is basically like that. Haha.
08:56 PM on 10/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
The bit about Old Record confused me, he's complaining they only had two days to re-record it when wikipedia states the original took only 3 days? doesn't seem THAT much of a big deal..maybe some lee-way would've been better but they got it done.
I got the impression they didn't want to re-record it at all, let alone in 2 days.
Inside AP.net
Popular Interviews
Finch Finch
1 week ago
Counting CrowsCounting Crows
2 weeks ago
The Copyrights The Copyrights
4 weeks ago
PalisadesPalisades
3 weeks ago
KimbraKimbra
3 days ago