Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: South By So What?! Fest Ticket Giveaway

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/18/13)
As you know by now, we're sponsoring the upcoming South By So What?! festival in Grand Prairie, TX at the end of the month. Today we are giving away two pairs of passes for the festival. Details on how to enter and win can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
01:24 PM on 10/18/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
South By So What?! Ticket GiveawayTell me which band you're most excited to see and why and I'll pick my two favorite answers by the end of the weekend. Good luck!
01:35 PM on 10/18/13
gurrentzy321
User Info.
I would be most excited to see GWAR because I want to see the looks on the guys in For Today's faces when they kill Jesus. Unfortunately, I can't go to the festival either way.
01:50 PM on 10/18/13
treeashleytree
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
South By So What?! Ticket GiveawayTell me which band you're most excited to see and why and I'll pick my two favorite answers by the end of the weekend. Good luck!

Honestly so excited to see For Today, they are such a humble band and never cease to amaze me musically. Their performances are always solid, every breakdown hits hard and I always catch myself shouting lyrics with scrunched eyebrows and my fists in the air happier than ever. I would be soo happy to see them and get lost in their set once more.
02:41 PM on 10/18/13
Ashleybilyk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As typical as it is, Im so excited to see Issues! Tyler Carter is a huuuge inspirations for me, I love seeing those guys any chance I get! I wanna tell Tyler about my tattoo I got because of him and how hus strength is amazing and how U cant wait for the album. But ALSO For today, those dudes are the best and i love seeing them Live and their love for god is amazing. It makes me feel "brand new" in a way after I see them play.
03:59 PM on 10/18/13
ChaseTx
I'd be most excited to see Dance Gavin Dance. They've been my favorite band for 5 or 6 years now, I love all their albums, and their setlist for this tour is fantastic. I've checked out some videos from this tour and they're sounding on-point overall.
04:20 PM on 10/18/13
fighted
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
gwar because there is a strong possibility everyone at the show will be murdered, for reals. unearth cause they'll still shred harder than the entire foot clan!

btw, i'm in austin so i'd def be able to go, just a shortish drive for me!
05:58 PM on 10/18/13
xhundredthx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey, I love Satan as much as the next guy.. and damn I'm pretty sure theres a warm seat in Hell with my name written in blood, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked to see For Today. Yeah, their lyrics are preachy and their entire set is about God and Jesus.. but their music is beyond incredible. Mattie coming out in full on Kevlar demanding your attention and keeping it with his mighty screams backed by hard hitting drums and heavy guitars.. what more could you ask for? Definitely my favorite of the night
07:29 AM on 10/19/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I'm gonna go with SOTY and Finch because WIITB and Page Avenue were both huge in shaping my taste. watching both albums in full would be pretty rad.
07:49 AM on 10/19/13
Carlis2202
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Finch! This is the last time to see them and play 'What It Is To Burn' in it's entirety. Need I say more?
10:13 AM on 10/19/13
kngtut13
User Info.
Battlecross is the band I want to see the most. Saw them at Mayhem and not only did they put on the best show of any band there, they made every stop on the tour while having to endure 3 bus/van changes. They also raised money for the firefighters who lost their lives in Arizona and made it a point to play that show while having the transportation issues. Also, every cd sold on the tour they gave $1 to the wounded warriors. Not only do they put out great music, they do so much for others, including being one of the most fan friendly bands around.
10:57 AM on 10/19/13
worldsastage1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FINCH!!! I have loved this band since 2003 and I can't even imagine hearing "what it is to burn" in its entirety. They are truly one of my all time favorites!!!! Plus I always end up making a fool of myself when they play....

aka granny vs kiddies.
11:22 AM on 10/19/13
Cursetopher
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The band I would love to see most is I See Stars. I was so excited the last time they came through I bought tickets to a Falling in Reverse show that I didn't want to go to, only to find out that Ronnie Radke had kicked them off the tour let them back on and kicked them off again... He talked major trash almost the entire set about them and proceeded to take his shirt off bc that's what scene guys that think they own the world do. After their set my girlfriend wanted to meet the band as they're one of her favorites, so I tried to set it up. The guy working the merch booth used a walkie talkie to radio to the bus. Ronnie was on the other end asking is she hot and is the guy with her, her husband.... Needless to say I didn't get to see the band I was so excited to see and paid specifically for and my girlfriend was too weirded out by a creepy band dude to meet the band she loves so much. Sorry for the long drawn out story, a lot went on that night.
04:03 PM on 10/19/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
It's a toss-up between SOTY performing Page Avenue in full, or Set It Off; choosing between nostalgia or a fantastic young band.
10:21 AM on 10/20/13
Sara729
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would be most excited to see THE ALMOST. I loved Underoath in high school and got to see Aaron with them, but have never gotten to see him with this project. Also, I hope to get to see him the next day drumming for Paramore and that's alotta ginger love to go around for one weekend!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests