Username
Password
Weezer News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Weezer
Inside AP.net

Weezer to Work with Ric Ocasek On Next Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/28/13)
It looks like Weezer will be recording their next album with Ric Ocasek, and that the band also has a greatest hits album in the works.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
02:42 PM on 10/28/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
That's cool. I don't think Ric's done any producing since Motion City. I hope he's not like a Rick Rubin and just presses record. They're a band that needs direction.
02:58 PM on 10/28/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Hurley wasn't tragic so I'm hoping this is good. I want a new Weezer record that I'll listen to more than just a few times.
03:02 PM on 10/28/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Weezer hasn't released an album I've loved in a long long time, but I have hope that they still got something left. Ocasek is a great choice, hope he brings out their power pop. No fucks given about greatest hits of course.
03:34 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Hurley had a couple catchy songs mixed in with the shit, so I haven't given up all hope on them.
04:01 PM on 10/28/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
Hurley had a couple catchy songs mixed in with the shit, so I haven't given up all hope on them.
My thoughts, too. I like a majority of Hurley.
04:03 PM on 10/28/13
jackgillsays
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Speaking of Ric Ocasek (and going slightly off-topic), we need another album by The Cars. That last album from a couple of years ago was a pretty decent comeback.
04:14 PM on 10/28/13
DrewDooWop
User Info.
Awesome. Hopefully it wont suck as much as their last few records.
04:25 PM on 10/28/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
I would be all over a greatest hits album.
04:41 PM on 10/28/13
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Maybe they'll go back to a Blue Album type sound after celebrating the 10 year and having to play it every second night for the most part of the last year and a bit. It's a definitely a possibility because when they were writing this record, they would've had that in the back of their minds the entire time. Also, the source link is broken.
04:42 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Maybe they'll go back to a Blue Album type sound after celebrating the 10 year and having to play it every second night for the most part of the last year and a bit. It's a definitely a possibility because when they were writing this record, they would've had that in the back of their minds the entire time. Also, the source link is broken.
If they were gonna go back to an old sound, I'd much prefer Pinkerton.
04:44 PM on 10/28/13
InfiniteArms
User Info.
If they were gonna go back to an old sound, I'd much prefer Pinkerton.
You're not alone there, but I was just saying because they've had to play it a lot lately it may have influenced their writing of this new record.
04:46 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
You're not alone there, but I was just saying because they've had to play it a lot lately it may have influenced their writing of this new record.
Yeah, I know. And there's like a 0% chance they ever release anything again that resembles Pinkerton, so the Blue Album is probably a more realistic hope.
04:51 PM on 10/28/13
InfiniteArms
User Info.
Yeah, I know. And there's like a 0% chance they ever release anything again that resembles Pinkerton, so the Blue Album is probably a more realistic hope.
Exactly! Let's hope they don't release something like Ratitude again. That album was horrible.
05:10 PM on 10/28/13
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully they don't write with about 5o co writers again.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums