AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Limp Bizkit Release Cover of Ministry's "Thieves"

Posted by - 07:02 PM on 11/04/13
Limp Bizkit have made their cover of Ministry's "Thieves" available for free download if you sign up for their mailing list. If you don't want Fred Durst to have your contact information, you can listen to the song in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
07:02 PM on 11/04/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
07:37 PM on 11/04/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
But what if I'm already on the mailing list? Do I still get the song?
08:12 PM on 11/04/13
yutsmcgee
Penis
User Info.
Shave my friends tonight.
09:41 PM on 11/04/13
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
sick song! loving this
10:25 PM on 11/04/13
BobDylanismyman
OhShitIGotAHeadRush
User Info.
sick as fuck! wow, great cover. now if the rest of their tunes could vibe like this.

outro is badass too
11:27 PM on 11/04/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I'm about to date myself here, but I saw a KROCK summer festival back in 1999 at Jones Beach, NY with Rage Against the Machine, Blink 182, Rob Zombie, Live, etc... and Limp Bizkit headlined and played a cover of this song. Surprised it took them years of past-their-prime music to finally release a studio version of it.

Note: During this era, Fred Durst was being extra "Fred Dursty", watch with caution.

06:10 AM on 11/05/13
tht1guyb
El Capitán
User Info.
I'm about to date myself here, but I saw a KROCK summer festival back in 1999 at Jones Beach, NY with Rage Against the Machine, Blink 182, Rob Zombie, Live, etc... and Limp Bizkit headlined and played a cover of this song. Surprised it took them years of past-their-prime music to finally release a studio version of it.

Note: During this era, Fred Durst was being extra "Fred Dursty", watch with caution.

Dude I was there! My cousin was a huge Rage fan, and me being 14 and not know better was a huge bizkit fan... But I always thought this cover was awesome.
06:29 AM on 11/05/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I saw them a few weeks ago and they opened their set with a snippet of this cover. Got the whole crowd jumping up and down like crazy

06:56 AM on 11/05/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is actually REALLY good. Glad to hear LB is still putting out some listenable material anymore, even if it comes at the expense of being a cover song.
09:28 AM on 11/05/13
Gjs
soundcloud.com/airbuster
User Info.
Instrumentation is nice, interesting take on the original song. Can't say the same about Durst or the samples.

So What is still the best Ministry song though.
09:51 AM on 11/05/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw them a few weeks ago and they opened their set with a snippet of this cover. Got the whole crowd jumping up and down like crazy

was thinkin, wow really surprised they have that huge crowd going...

than he said brazil and I realized they all probably are have no idea whats going on and are just going with it.
10:11 AM on 11/05/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
was thinkin, wow really surprised they have that huge crowd going...

than he said brazil and I realized they all probably are have no idea whats going on and are just going with it.
Actually Limp Bizkit and Slipknot were headlining this festival (along w/ Korn, Hatebreed and Killswitch Engage), so most people were there to see them.

EDIT: But probably no one knew this was a Ministry cover, so yes - most were just going with it hahaha
10:34 AM on 11/05/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Dude I was there! My cousin was a huge Rage fan, and me being 14 and not know better was a huge bizkit fan... But I always thought this cover was awesome.

That's awesome! Haha, it was a great concert, and at the time, I was a Limp Bizkit fan as well. I remember they were just on the verge of becoming huge, so their set had this feel of excitement to it and the crowd loved it. Especially when everyone chucked those glow sticks in the air during Nookie.

If you look at the video I posted, that user uploaded the rest of the LB set from that show to YouTube, it's a blast from the past.
12:21 PM on 11/05/13
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I thought they broke up or something.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT