AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Story of the Year News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Story of the Year Thinking About Next Album

Posted by - 10:33 AM on 11/18/13
Story of the Year are still not quite sure how or when they're going to release new music, but they're definitely thinking about it.
"Were talking a lot about it, trying to figure out what we want to do," the frontman says. "We knew we wanted to focus on the anniversary for now and have that be our stepping stone into the right mindset. I think were going to be writing and sharing ideas throughout the touring, then see where we are and focus after that. We dont want to rush anything; its been awhile since we put out a record of all new songs, so we want to make sure we do somethign we love and go in the right direction and know what were doing. So were not gonna rush it but, yes, we are going to get to work soon. Im sure of that."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
10:44 AM on 11/18/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
Just make a song that has 'day' or 'dying' in it and they're golden.
10:53 AM on 11/18/13
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
User Info.
Would love something else in the style of In the Wake or The Black Swan. Catchy tunes, great guitar riffs.
10:55 AM on 11/18/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just make a song that has 'day' or 'dying' in it and they're golden.
Well...okay. that barely makes any sense, unless you want them to write the same stuff again that was on Page Avenue.
10:57 AM on 11/18/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would love something else in the style of In the Wake or The Black Swan. Catchy tunes, great guitar riffs.
I liked the direction The Constant had as well. I'm truly a fan of every single one of their albums, though and for different reasons. They play an awesome live show too.
11:00 AM on 11/18/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's about time. Just release some original material instead of what some people may say, like "play something similar to Page Avenue" or *insert favorite album from them*.
11:19 AM on 11/18/13
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
It seemed like the comeback and their stint on Warped was just leading up to a 10 year tour.

So I'm not surprised.
11:36 AM on 11/18/13
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
No matter how my tastes changed over the years, I've always had a soft spot for this band. Please, release new music soon.
11:38 AM on 11/18/13
joyridn247
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
crazy to think 10 years ago I was a freshman in college in Albany, NY playing the shit out of this album and now I'm a "working professional...." this album brings back so many memories. Hard to follow up Page Avenue, let's see what Goldfinger front man can do with these guys. He wrote a lot of good material for The Used
11:53 AM on 11/18/13
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
User Info.
I liked the direction The Constant had as well. I'm truly a fan of every single one of their albums, though and for different reasons. They play an awesome live show too.
Yeah The Constant had some really good stuff. "The Ghost of You and I," "Won Threw Ate," and "Time Goes On" are probably my favorites from that album.
01:20 PM on 11/18/13
harsh reality
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm sure the five people that still listen to Finch, Unwritten Law and The Starting Line are stoked.
02:15 PM on 11/18/13
petter182
User Info.
I'm sure the five people that still listen to Finch, Unwritten Law and The Starting Line are stoked.
OMG you so funny
03:04 PM on 11/18/13
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.

This
03:15 PM on 11/18/13
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
They posted this on Facebook about an hour ago.

Good afternoon all! Hey STL, tune in to 105.7 The Point today at 5pm. Lux:105.7 The Point has some news for you!
03:34 PM on 11/18/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Definitely. Black Swan is still my favourite record of theirs (ITWOD second). I think they have a great heavy album in them. Their sound is no longer in style as much, so there should be no pressure for them to have a hit record. Why not rock out with a bunch of tunes like Choose Your Fate?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos