AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Letlive's Jason Butler and New Noise Group's Omid Majdi.

Posted by - 10:54 AM on 11/22/13
At 11 AM PST / 2 PM EST, Letlive's Jason Butler and New Noise Group President (and former LL. guitraist) Omid Majdi will join us to chat about The Blackest Beautiful, New Noise Group's mission, and all things music. If you're not familiar, New Noise Group is a non-profit looking to open a recording studio in LA that will provide free recording and music production classes for artists - check out their Kickstarter and donate.

Update: The chat is now over. Thanks to Jason and Omid for stopping by - please support Letlive and New Noise Group, both of which are passionate about making the music world a better place.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 122
10:55 AM on 11/22/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips

Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.
11:48 AM on 11/22/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I heard one time Jason Butler saved a lady and her 12 cats from a burning building.
11:49 AM on 11/22/13
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I think that a rule should be added that nobody should ask about when a music act is coming to a specific area.
11:51 AM on 11/22/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that a rule should be added that nobody should ask abiut when a music act is coming to a specific area.
Haha, pretty decent suggestion - might have to add this to the official rules, though I do love musicians repeatedly saying "soon - when we know, we'll let you know!"
11:53 AM on 11/22/13
rappleby91
boxisbest
User Info.
I think that a rule should be added that nobody should ask abiut when a music act is coming to a specific area.
OMG YES. It is so annoying when people do that... Watch tour dates and check for shows like everybody else! Ask a meaninful question!
11:58 AM on 11/22/13
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I wasn't really serious because the problem isn't limited to this site. I just know I feel vicariously annoyed for the musicians when they get that question.
12:01 PM on 11/22/13
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
Jason, if you could only listen to one version of 'Hurt' from here on out, would it be NIN's or Cash's?
12:02 PM on 11/22/13
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
Jason how do you live with that awesome beard every day of your life?
12:02 PM on 11/22/13
stonegregory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jason, I know that "Day 54" is a special song, but is there any way ll. could slide it into the set tomorrow in Detroit? This will be my 4th or 5th time seeing you guys and I still have yet to see you perform it live. <3
12:03 PM on 11/22/13
Jason/Aalon
LetLive. / Jason
User Info.
Hello, everyone. It's good to be here alongside one of my best friends in the world, Omid Majdi. Let's have ourselves some stimulating chats, shall we?
12:04 PM on 11/22/13
hooligan4l
Marleigh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Feelings or thoughts of people getting ll. related tattoos?
Fil_22
User Info.
Among the places you haven't yet visited on tour, what city/country would be your most anticipated place to play a show in?
flomid
New Noise Group
User Info.
Hey everyone, Omid here from New Noise Group, and formerly of letlive. I played guitar between 2005 and 2007 in letlive during the writing and recording of Speak Like You Talk. I engineered the entire album out of my parent's house and we had a blast recording it thanks to lack of budgetary confines and unnecessary monetary stresses. That creative freedom is one of the largest factors for the creation of New Noise Group and our idea for a free recording studio for artists as well as music production classes for students. Glad to answer any questions anyone might have about our project.
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Omid - love the idea of a free studio for musicians, but how do you plan on managing it? I'm sure the demand would be massive.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos