Username
Password
Morrissey News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Morrissey
Inside AP.net

Morrissey's "Thankskilling" Statement

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/27/13)
Morrissey has released a statement targeting the annual Thanksgiving turkey pardon. And if you want to read about why the the turkey pardon is pretty much America's dumbest tradition, read this article.
Please ignore the abysmal example set by President Obama who, in the name of Thanksgiving, supports torture as 45 million birds are horrifically abused; dragged through electrified stun baths, and then have their throats slit. And President Obama laughs. Haha, so funny!

As Ingrid Newkirk from PETA points out, turkey 'meat' is one of "our nation's top killers", causing heart-attacks and strokes in humans due to saturated animal fats and cholesterol. And President Obama laughs.

Further, the meat industry is responsible for 51% of human-caused greenhouse-gas emission, therefore the embarrassingly stupid White House 'turkey pardon' is open support for a viciously cruel and environmentally irresponsible industry.

And President Obama laughs.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
01:12 PM on 11/27/13
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
01:13 PM on 11/27/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
I respect his stance, but I wish he would shut the fuck up sometimes
01:18 PM on 11/27/13
Shenevercalled
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
01:20 PM on 11/27/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
1.) Peta is the most bullshit corrupted organization in regards to animals rights. I get my turkey from a local family farm so I know how its treated. Their are lots of other ways to support humane treatment of animals without having PETA involved in your life
2.) This guy always has something to say with his big mouth.
3.) turkey and other poultry are a lean meat, this nonsense about heart attack and stroke is all propaganda crap.
01:20 PM on 11/27/13
blake sheep
User Info.
I'm vegan..this gives me a bad name. Don't push your beliefs on people. Everyone knows what happens to turkeys. I don't want Morrissey guilting anyone onto my team.

Also PETA sucks. Quoting them immediately makes your statement null and void.

</rant>
01:24 PM on 11/27/13
assasiNATE
User Info.
Bigmouth Strikes Again
01:24 PM on 11/27/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
I've always wondered if his "rants" do more harm than good.
01:28 PM on 11/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I've always wondered if his "rants" do more harm than good.
Don't really need to wonder -- it's pretty much a fact.
01:36 PM on 11/27/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Don't really need to wonder -- it's pretty much a fact.
Ha, fair enough. I'm not the biggest Morrissey guy, so I don't follow him much aside of his outbursts, but it seems a lot of people feel the same. Good for him for standing up for his beliefs though I guess, although I'm sure there are more useful ways to go about it.
01:46 PM on 11/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Ha, fair enough. I'm not the biggest Morrissey guy, so I don't follow him much aside of his outbursts, but it seems a lot of people feel the same. Good for him for standing up for his beliefs though I guess, although I'm sure there are more useful ways to go about it.
One of my favorite lyricists/performers ever ... and I still wish he would shut up half the time. Haha. He sure can write though.
01:50 PM on 11/27/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
One of my favorite lyricists/performers ever ... and I still wish he would shut up half the time. Haha. He sure can write though.
Maybe that's what turns me off to him. Any particular place to start on him? Smiths or solo stuff first?
01:50 PM on 11/27/13
ChaseTx
Does this guy care about anything beside animals?
01:54 PM on 11/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Maybe that's what turns me off to him. Any particular place to start on him? Smiths or solo stuff first?
I'd say The Smiths, as they're my favorite. But if you want to work backwards then you get more modern production/sound ...

"Viva Hate" is my favorite solo album.
01:58 PM on 11/27/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
I'd say The Smiths, as they're my favorite. But if you want to work backwards then you get more modern production/sound ...

"Viva Hate" is my favorite solo album.
Right on, I'll be sure to give him/them a listen.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums