Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Capture the IndieGoGo Monies

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/02/13)
Capture the Crown have started a campaign to fund an EP.
We recorded our EP back in April of this year. We experimented and wrote this EP for you guys. We listened to what you guys wanted and we tried our best to give you that in five very different songs. The issue we encountered with this EP was it lacked a promised deadline, sort of like our debut album, which took three years to release. We were supposed to release this EP twice, before two different tours. Once in the middle of the year and another in September. Then the real shit storm hit, our RV died in the middle of the Scream It Like You Mean It tour and our label told us they would no longer release our music. There was nothing more we could do, we had to drop off the tour and fly to our respective homes. Fortunately there is an upside to this, we are now in control of what we give to our fans. You guys are always there no matter what, we wrote this EP for you!!

Submitted by jrockisthebest

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
02:00 PM on 12/02/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
Now this band is trash, if your band backtracks you don't deserve success. I hope this does not get funded
02:20 PM on 12/02/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
2 people have paid $1000 for the tattoo one?! Crazy...
02:26 PM on 12/02/13
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
This band just sound so phony
02:46 PM on 12/02/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
really sweet guys, hope they achieve their goal and then some
02:48 PM on 12/02/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I don't care enough to watch the video introduction or read the ins and outs of their campaign, but this seems like a lame thing to do considering they said outright that it's already recorded. I guess maybe they might owe money to Sumerian or are just treating this like a glorified pre-order, but still, it's hard for these things to be pulled off in a decent way. Oh, and band is a total clown act, of course.
02:59 PM on 12/02/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
If I had the rights to this band's record, I'd pay them a nice sum of money to take it and leave me alone.
Or just keep it so the world would never have to hear it.
03:17 PM on 12/02/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Now this band is trash, if your band backtracks you don't deserve success. I hope this does not get funded
fuck this band, if you don't put your gear/scrims away and make other bands put it in your trailer, you don't deserve to tour.
03:24 PM on 12/02/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
YES I GET THE CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03:32 PM on 12/02/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
you know.. they could just release it digitally.

i'm amazed when these bands can't figure out how to release their music when tons of bands in the DIY realm do it all the time... hope you don't make your goal
04:09 PM on 12/02/13
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
They seem like nice guys, but damn, their music is shit.
04:25 PM on 12/02/13
setyourgoalsx3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you are going to call girls "filthy fucking cunts" and sing about "face down, ass up, thats the way you like to fuck", why should we give you money to record more demeaning songs? Not only are these guys unprofessional, they are only in it to come to America and fuck girls and party. I was at a SXSW event earlier this year and they were so belligerently drunk- one of the members was fingering a random girl who was so wasted that she couldn't even keep her eyes open or let alone know what was happening. In front of dozens of label heads, management companies, etc. You can't stop being self-destructive and creating a bad reputation for yourself and now you expect people to shell out money? You don't deserve it.
04:28 PM on 12/02/13
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Wow, I'm not exactly a fan of the band but if they delivered an EP that was supposed to be released and Sumarian pushed it back twice and then gave them a healthy "fuck you" and dropped them, that's kinda a dick move. I mean, even if the EP sucked (and it probably did), at least just release it, then drop them saying it's due to creative differences. Then everyone will know why.
05:15 PM on 12/02/13
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
If you are going to call girls "filthy fucking cunts" and sing about "face down, ass up, thats the way you like to fuck", why should we give you money to record more demeaning songs? Not only are these guys unprofessional, they are only in it to come to America and fuck girls and party. I was at a SXSW event earlier this year and they were so belligerently drunk- one of the members was fingering a random girl who was so wasted that she couldn't even keep her eyes open or let alone know what was happening. In front of dozens of label heads, management companies, etc. You can't stop being self-destructive and creating a bad reputation for yourself and now you expect people to shell out money? You don't deserve it.
wow what a bunch of tools
05:43 AM on 12/03/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

While that is certainly horrible, I will say that image is largely an act as I think 3 of the members (including the vocalist) are in serious relationships back home in Australia. I enjoyed the LP as a big guilty pleasure but I do think if they were to work with a different producer and axe the silly stuff they could be great. It's all simply stuff but the singer has great impact when he knows when to use: "'Til death do us part, you'll by my special lady" is done particularly well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests