Password

Album Review

Schaeffer - Something Worth Fighting For Album Cover

Schaeffer - Something Worth Fighting For

Reviewed by
Schaeffer - Something Worth Fighting For
Record Label: Rossi Music Group
Release Date: August 11, 2007
On the casing for Schaeffer’s Something Worth Fighting For, there is a message that states: “This album is a story of two people on a journey... like most stories it is filled with joy, love, tragedy, loss, and hope.”

This is true, Schaeffer used this album as a means to tell a story, and they’ve done it well. However, their problem lies with incorporating this story into a worthwhile song. While they wrote a great story lyrically, the songs all suffer while trying to deliver it. In the course of telling the story, many of the songs repeat the same verses repetitively and each song seems to drag on forever.

Schaeffer’s music can be described in one word: boring. Most of the tracks just seem like they’re trying their hardest to be lively, which is something their (very average) vocalist is incapable of. The first track, “Promise Me,” sets the tone for the entire album; a tone that doesn’t waver or change at all for the most part. Songs that start off promisingly just end up falling into the same step that every other song on the album does. “A Breath, A Lie” is a prime example of this: starting off with an intriguing riff, it quickly falls into the same sound as the other songs. The end of the album does begin to pick up, but doesn’t make up for the mediocrity of the first half.

I appreciate what Schaeffer is trying to do with Something Worth Fighting For. However, in the process of telling their story, they’ve created an album that is extremely boring. The album just reeks of mediocrity to the point where it’s almost unlistenable. I'll skip the obvious and cliche play on the album title and just say that sometimes, it's best to just stick to writing songs.

Recommended if You Like"adult alternative," Snow Patrol (in the loosest sense)

myspace.com/officialschaeffer
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:13 PM on 06/24/08
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
you gotta be kidding me?
this is a quality record.

The first one has better songs ("man in tension", "Stay"), but these aren't THAT boring...
10:41 AM on 06/25/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
you gotta be kidding me?
this is a quality record.

The first one has better songs ("man in tension", "Stay"), but these aren't THAT boring...
I seriously could only make it through like, 2 or 3 tracks at a time without turning it. Its just my opinion, i didn't think there was anything special, at all, about this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos