Username
Password
Say Anything News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Say Anything
Inside AP.net

Max Bemis Announces New Comic: "Evil Empire"

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/11/13)
Max Bemis' next foray into comics will be Evil Empire, a 16-issue series from Boom! Studios launching on March 5.
The series finds a controversial rapper named Reese rising up to fight a growing menace that threatens to turn a world very much like our own into the type of oppressed society found in numerous sci-fi tales.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
01:41 PM on 12/11/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

02:30 PM on 12/11/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This sounds really interesting. I just picked up Polarity on his MB&Friends tour, and it's awesome.
03:03 PM on 12/11/13
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds awesome!

For anyone who is a fan of dystopian fiction, my wife and I are working on a two-part graphic novel with an artist friend of mine. He is an amazing tattoo artist and oil painter and is helping us bring this concept to life. The graphic novel is titled Isolera and takes place in a dystopian future where reality-shaping powers have left humanity in ruins. Only one functioning society is left (with less than 100k inhabitants), and ruled by a dictator who is the remaining survivor of the great wars that brought those with the ability to alter reality head-to-head to destroy one another and most of the planet. It follows a protagonist, mid-20's man named Reeve who has begun to discover his powers and is at risk of being sent to the outskirts of desolate Earth, now known as Jord and his journey of discovery and acceptance that he may just be the only one who can face the dictator and save what is left of humanity. More info to come, but we are finishing the summary for the second part and will begin storyboards within the next few months.
03:16 PM on 12/11/13
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
This sounds promising. I finally got the tpb of Polarity from Amazon, and I'm about to dive into that. His A+X issue was pretty cool.
04:31 PM on 12/11/13
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Those pictures look pretty cool! I liked Polarity but I hope this series has a little more substance
05:28 PM on 12/11/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Max is going to send me broke.
Colour me excited.
08:16 PM on 12/11/13
BozzBlonde
adieuxmusic.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Dug Polarity. This sounds even cooler, and the artwork rules.
08:22 PM on 12/11/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
This sounds rad. Polarity was a blast.
09:06 PM on 12/11/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Sweet. Still want to read Polarity- is it anywhere in stores? Probably a no?

Side note: Seeing the font on the first poster initially reminded me of The Evil Dead. Art is pretty decent for both.
11:01 PM on 12/11/13
panicbxmb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sweet. Still want to read Polarity- is it anywhere in stores? Probably a no?

Side note: Seeing the font on the first poster initially reminded me of The Evil Dead. Art is pretty decent for both.
Those covers are homages to both Evil Dead and Full Metal Jacket. Good eye. Its not just the fonts either.

Also, YEAH! Polarity can be easily found in any comic book stores. Or maybe a book store, if they carry Boom Comics stuff. Boom aren't quite a huge company, but their stuff is easily ordered. You could also try on Amazon or a comic site like TFAW.com or midtowncomics.com.
11:25 PM on 12/11/13
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
Psyched. Polarity was excellent!
11:31 PM on 12/11/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Those covers are homages to both Evil Dead and Full Metal Jacket. Good eye. Its not just the fonts either.

Also, YEAH! Polarity can be easily found in any comic book stores. Or maybe a book store, if they carry Boom Comics stuff. Boom aren't quite a huge company, but their stuff is easily ordered. You could also try on Amazon or a comic site like TFAW.com or midtowncomics.com.
Ah, makes sense haha. Definitely see all of the similarities now. Very cool then, actually.
Wasn't aware I could get it off of Amazon... I only ever checked places like Newbury comics and Barnes & Noble.
10:35 AM on 12/12/13
dannn666
dannn666
User Info.
stoked on this
07:12 AM on 12/14/13
intl p
golly...
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cool. now i know what i'm getting for my birthday.

i wonder what the controversy will be?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News