Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Jack White Makes $62K a Month

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/13/13)
One of the details that came out during Jack White's divorce is that he makes $62,000 a month. Damn.

Submitted by mr_raccoon

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 93
11:51 PM on 12/13/13
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
not surprising but wow anyway
11:51 PM on 12/13/13
strayts
User Info.
Half that after taxes. Still pretty ballin' though.
12:07 AM on 12/14/13
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
This isn't that much money if you consider how famous he is... ADTR was making 10k a day during Warped.
12:13 AM on 12/14/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
This isn't that much money if you consider how famous he is... ADTR was making 10k a day during Warped.
Divided between 5 band members.. and that's not every day of their career, that was just for the duration of Warped. $62K a month for one person is definitely a lot.
12:51 AM on 12/14/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
omg I'm so nosey I love knowing this stuff. It was so interesting when Zooey's spending details were released when she was divorcing Ben. idk I just can't even imagine having that much money that I'm always interested to know what they do with it all lol. I can't even begin to know what I'd do with all that.
01:16 AM on 12/14/13
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
User Info.
The music industry is definitely a 99%/1% environment.
02:19 AM on 12/14/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Divided between 5 band members.. and that's not every day of their career, that was just for the duration of Warped. $62K a month for one person is definitely a lot.
$300k/month five ways is $60k/person/month. i know it's just during warped, but that's pretty much the same as what jack makes monthly. i think it's awesome for everybody, but it's weird that those numbers are basically the same. everyone knows who jack white is, whereas slightly less than everyone knows who a day to remember is. says something about their respective fans' spending habits/support.
04:49 AM on 12/14/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
I'd be freaking thrilled with 10% of that a month.
06:32 AM on 12/14/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
$300k/month five ways is $60k/person/month. i know it's just during warped, but that's pretty much the same as what jack makes monthly. i think it's awesome for everybody, but it's weird that those numbers are basically the same. everyone knows who jack white is, whereas slightly less than everyone knows who a day to remember is. says something about their respective fans' spending habits/support.

ADTR did that for a few months, and probably next to nothing for a few others months. If Jack is averaging $62k per month then he's going to be making big money during summer tours, etc...

I get what you're saying, but they definitely aren't in the same league.
06:36 AM on 12/14/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.

Also factor in the fee owed to the venue for merch sales, fee for booking agent and your manager and possibly more misc fees to be factored in
06:56 AM on 12/14/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
And she makes north of $30,000 a month too? Wow.
07:17 AM on 12/14/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Wow, good for him.
07:28 AM on 12/14/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Almost $750k/yr before tax while he isn't even making new music... that's outta this world.

I don't care enough to go look at the documents, but I'd be interested to see a breakdown of how much income comes from which sources. Does Third Man and it's gimmicky vinyl "innovation" really generate a ton of money? Is it primarily residuals? How about investments or holdings outside of the industry?

Maybe I do care enough to go look at the documents
07:28 AM on 12/14/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I really need to lock down a job for when i graduate
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives