AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
04:58 PM on 12/24/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
Coheed is my favorite band and that cover was actually really fuckin' impressive. I was expecting it to be offensively bad, haha. Never heard TVF before, but the singer really knows what he's doing, and the drummer does a lot of creative shit in there. Loved all the neat piano work they threw in and how they jazzed up the choruses.
05:18 PM on 12/24/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.

Jesus Of Suburbia came out awesome.
05:34 PM on 12/24/13
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
User Info.
It should be an unwritten rule that bands cannot cover Queen. It never does them justice.
05:40 PM on 12/24/13
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
That Jesus of Suburbia cover is great
05:50 PM on 12/24/13
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
User Info.
Surprised at how good the Jesus of Suburbia cover is.
05:52 PM on 12/24/13
AquaMan
Constantly evolving...
User Info.
Avoided these guys for a long time, because Foxy Shazam. But I'm officially converted after their recent tour with Audiostrobelight. I'm just sad this doesn't include their cover of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." Also dig just how many times they threw shuffle feels into these songs.
Their Mr. Grinch cover is on their EP The Pits
06:42 PM on 12/24/13
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
The bohemian rhapsody cover came across as incredibly unnecessary and I don't think I can forgive them for what they did to rock lobster. Come on Eileen was pretty decent, Jesus of suburbia was...better than the original? Which isn't really saying that much. Coheed cover was musically impressive. Blood brothers I'm not sure how I feel on it yet. All around, this came across as a collective of covers they really didn't need to so.
07:05 PM on 12/24/13
ThrownAwayKyle
User Info.
surprisingly really liked the coheed and blood brothers covers, those are really risky songs to do, but they put their own spin on them and it was awesome!
08:29 PM on 12/24/13
IFellFromheaven
User Info.
In case you didn't catch it, the reason they went with these 5 songs was because they had released a kickstarter with a perk where you could pick a song for them to cover.
11:11 PM on 12/24/13
MathewHeroic
Mathew Barletta
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In case you didn't catch it, the reason they went with these 5 songs was because they had released a kickstarter with a perk where you could pick a song for them to cover.
This
06:57 AM on 12/25/13
JoshIsArealBoy
STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!!
User Info.
TVF can do no wrong! I still don't understand why these guys aren't massive yet.
12:47 PM on 12/25/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Their album should have been on more AOTY lists. They are like a perfect combo of Old Foxy Shazaam mixed with old Panic! at the Disco and their latest album was just brilliant! How have they not blown up on this site? I mean they have no mainstream appeal but this site should love them!
01:36 PM on 12/25/13
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
The bohemian rhapsody cover came across as incredibly unnecessary and I don't think I can forgive them for what they did to rock lobster. Come on Eileen was pretty decent, Jesus of suburbia was...better than the original? Which isn't really saying that much. Coheed cover was musically impressive. Blood brothers I'm not sure how I feel on it yet. All around, this came across as a collective of covers they really didn't need to so.
All of these songs were chosen by their Kickstarter backers. They just decided to be nice and release them to the public.

Edit: I guess someone already posted this above.
06:18 AM on 12/26/13
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
Their Mr. Grinch cover is on their EP The Pits

That makes sense. I probably should've noticed that.

What's the story with Foxy Shazam? Love that band.

When the video for "The Ringleader" came out, it just struck me as too similar to "The Flamingo Trigger," but without any of the things that I liked about that album. Plus, by then, Foxy had started moving on to their sort of power-disco phase, and I wasn't interested in breakdowns anymore. I may be wrong, but listening to "Every Sick...," I get the sense that Venetia Fair had a stronger direction and sense of what they wanted to accomplish. And the two bands are now sufficiently different, "Church of Rock and Roll" was hella boring, and I can get behind what TVF is doing and where they're heading.
06:51 AM on 12/26/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
That explains why they'd do something as ambitious as Queen...
But I think they did it as well as they possibly could have, so hooray!

And whoever picked "Jesus of Suburbia" was a smart, smart fan.

Edit: I just checked out their kickstarter for kicks, and wow they were really generous. $150 for VIP access for life is probably a really solid investment for a fan in a big city. Also it looks like they only got one backer at the "request level" so...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos