Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
07:53 AM on 01/24/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Very nicely done. This record rules, for plenty of reasons. Personally never having been more than a casual AM! listener, I've had this on repeat for the past couple of weeks and actually feel like it might be the best, most accessible and most natural starting point as an AM! record.
06:30 PM on 01/24/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
To everyone complaining about the mixing and quality, Laura Jane Grace has said in several interviews that they were aiming to create a more raw sounding record. Sorry if that may be disappointing to some, but I feel as if they accomplished that head on.
My thoughts exactly. While the production icould be improved, it hardly takes away from the record (in this case). Along the same lines of what Jason said in the Manchester thread:

"The last album was too polished! Gross!"
"This record is too raw! Eww!"
09:43 AM on 01/29/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I am pretty mixed on this record. I think the lyrics are excellent and the message is powerful, but it's too short and there's some throwaway songs including a few I straight up don't like. I don't love the production, and I think songs like fuckmylife666 worked a lot better as sincere acoustic renditions. It's a good, solid record from one of my all time favorite bands, but it would probably only get a 7.75 or so from me.
Do you think part of the reason it works for a lot of people could be because it's their first exposure to the band? As someone who was only a casual listener, I'm inclined to think that might not be familiar enough with the rest of their discog and love it because it's not really in any context. Obviously, that's not the case for everyone because Drew loved it, but I was just curious about what you thought.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos