User Info.
Take all my money please.

That's the spirit!
05:53 AM on 01/26/14
spencersface
Dutchess
User Info.
Cool, but $30 for just the vinyl? Ugh.

They're expensive to produce, and it's an eclectic (albeit growing exponentially in recent years) market. Sure it's not as cheap as some new record on Amazon but it's not like $30 is outrageous. After the career they've had, and considering they're releasing this themselves, I think the price is justified. To some people that's like 3-4 packs of cigarettes (I don't smoke, but it's a convenient comparison) for the price of a new work of art that will be with humanity ceaselessly into the future.
08:52 AM on 01/26/14
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
unless it's a double or triple album, $30 is expensive
09:08 AM on 01/26/14
glassj4w87
User Info.
$30 is not to much for a vinyl that's self released at all. Everyone going to be upset when brandnew's next release on vinyl runs $30? Nope. I don't know if you realize how much it costs to have your music put onto vinyl. It's not cheap by any means.
09:09 AM on 01/26/14
glassj4w87
User Info.
They're expensive to produce, and it's an eclectic (albeit growing exponentially in recent years) market. Sure it's not as cheap as some new record on Amazon but it's not like $30 is outrageous. After the career they've had, and considering they're releasing this themselves, I think the price is justified. To some people that's like 3-4 packs of cigarettes (I don't smoke, but it's a convenient comparison) for the price of a new work of art that will be with humanity ceaselessly into the future.
This guy gets it!
09:11 AM on 01/26/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Idk how pledge music works but if it's like kick starter you're all looking at the price in a very wrong way. Your $30 dollars is supposed to be a donation. The vinyl is just a reward for donating. You're not buying vinyl, you're donating money to help the band make the album.
11:04 AM on 01/26/14
Fool
User Info.
Idk how pledge music works but if it's like kick starter you're all looking at the price in a very wrong way. Your $30 dollars is supposed to be a donation. The vinyl is just a reward for donating. You're not buying vinyl, you're donating money to help the band make the album.
This is really just semantics.

Although people shouldn't be surprised to see a $30 tag for this record. Especially on a crowd funding site. Their prices always are a bit inflated since the band is covering all the costs. I still wish that donors got a document after the record was finished showing where all the money went.

EDIT: I just realized that the price includes shipping costs. So the record isn't actually $30.
12:23 PM on 01/26/14
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
my first crowdfunding contribution!
01:26 PM on 01/26/14
TDenverFan
User Info.
Wow, they seem to be asking for a lot. With over 630 donations, they're about 65% of the way there. And people have been buying 1,000+ rewards, so they could easily be asking for 30k+.
01:53 PM on 01/26/14
harveyn590
User Info.
This is really just semantics.

Although people shouldn't be surprised to see a $30 tag for this record. Especially on a crowd funding site. Their prices always are a bit inflated since the band is covering all the costs. I still wish that donors got a document after the record was finished showing where all the money went.

EDIT: I just realized that the price includes shipping costs. So the record isn't actually $30.
i agree, with the sematics argument. Im preordering the record essentially. I have much more motivation as this is a favorite band of mine, but thats all. I also think they should be making clear note that all prices include shipping, very misleading. That said, the going price of vinyl has certainly inflated over the past few years to $20 being the general lowest for new vinyl, and some as high as $40.
01:55 PM on 01/26/14
harveyn590
User Info.
Wow, they seem to be asking for a lot. With over 630 donations, they're about 65% of the way there. And people have been buying 1,000+ rewards, so they could easily be asking for 30k+.
Ya, my guess is that Steve Choi will use the money to build out his studio (where they recorded peace'd out, the RxB covers ep, etc) and maybe bring in an outside producer, engineers (as well as mix/master engineers) to make it. Not to mention hiring an indie publicist for the campaign. So anyway, my point is hopefully this campaign means more than just one album.
07:16 PM on 01/26/14
panicbxmb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love that the donation perks include biking with the band and surfing with Matt Embree. Cool stuff! Can't wait for this album. :)
12:04 AM on 01/27/14
recall reality
But existing is basically all I do!
User Info.
I love that the donation perks include biking with the band and surfing with Matt Embree. Cool stuff! Can't wait for this album. :)

My friend from Fullerton pledged for the bike ride, so jealous of her. I know Matt and Steve have been part of Mike Park's bike tours which is such a cool idea. I ended up going with vinyl + cd.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums