Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Tiger Army Cancels Spring Tour

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/19/14)
Tiger Army has cancelled their Spring 2014 tour in the wake of bassist Geoff Kresge leaving the band for the second time.
It is with great disappointment I must announce that Tiger Armyís Spring Forward 2014 shows will NOT be happening this April in the wake of Geoff Kresgeís decision to leave Tiger Army for a second time.

I must apologize to all of those affected by the cancellations Ė I know many of you travel far and wide to support Tiger Army and thatís not something taken lightly. Iím told refunds will be available at point of ticket purchase by Tuesday. Iíve cherished each and every opportunity to play a Tiger Army show in recent years and have been especially proud of these shows in terms of the musical level we reached, there isnít adequate time to prepare with someone else and maintain this standard. The next time Tiger Army steps onstage, itíll be done right. Best of luck to Geoff in his new endeavors.

As many of you know the band has been less active since the conclusion of the two-year touring cycle that accompanied our last album ĎMusic From Regions Beyondí. One of the main reasons for this was my detour into the world of Americana / country music with the recording and release of my solo album ĎNick 13í, along with subsequent touring, videos and so forth. I spent much of 2013 writing material for a second solo album. As that writing neared completion, the unexpected happened and therein lies the good news for all of you who are part of the Tiger Army and have been waiting for word of new music:

In recent weeks and months Iíve discovered the inspiration for the musical path that will eventually become the next Tiger Army album. Iíve always taken pride in the musical progression between albums and I needed a vision of where to take things next (while I indulged my love of roots music in the meantime). Iíve found that vision and the first handful of songs have been written. It wonít happen overnight, writing and recording could take some real time, but thatís where my focus has shifted. My solo work will continue down the road.

This recent series of events will not deter the eventual return of Tiger Army. Lineup changes have happened before and may happen again. Anyone whoís familiar with the bandís history knows that people have come and gone on this journey that Iíve put my heart and soul into. Tiger Army is bigger than any one person, myself included. Itís an idea, a dream, songs that come from somewhere in the night Ė from loneliness, from passion, from desperation. Theyíre mine, but theyíve become yours as well.

This is the start of a new beginning. Itís sad to see one era end, but exciting to see a new one begin. Thank you all for your support Ė for my solo music, for Tiger Army, for the good times, for the hard times. Just like the moon, we will rise again.

Submitted by Poochemist

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
10:04 AM on 02/19/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
I was surprised to see these guys playing some festival.
10:40 AM on 02/19/14
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
I'm just glad that they're not done. I like his solo stuff, but I love Tiger Army. I thought their last album was incredible and loved the direction they were heading.
12:51 PM on 02/19/14
Chalie22
User Info.
Tiger Army is in desperate need for some new material. Sucks to see Geoff leave but I understand it considering how inactive they have been over the years. I used to love seeing these guys when they rolled through Philly.
12:56 PM on 02/19/14
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Wait, there was a tour that was announced? I never heard about that till now.
12:58 PM on 02/19/14
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Glad to hear there will be another Tiger Army and Nick 13 record.
01:08 PM on 02/19/14
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Maybe I'm just selfish, but I have to say: If we get a new Tiger Army record out of this? I refuse to view any of this as negative news.
01:14 PM on 02/19/14
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
I honestly thought after not releasing music for so long, the Tiger Army name would be retired and Nick 13 would just do solo stuff. Glad that's not the case, though. They used to be one of my favourite bands as a teenager, and I'd still love to hear a new record.

I wonder what Horrorpops have been up to.
03:00 PM on 02/19/14
jpmalone4
5 Meowmeowbeenz
User Info.
Whoa I totally forgot about this band. I used to love them back in the day, especially that second album.
03:11 PM on 02/19/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
he should rejoin AFI!
06:40 PM on 02/19/14
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Glad to hear there will be another Tiger Army and Nick 13 record.
Yep, all that matters
07:24 PM on 02/19/14
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
he should rejoin AFI!

Geoff is awesome, but no. Hunter KILLS him on bass.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests