AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Paramore News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Paramore
Inside AP.net

Paramore & QOTSA To Co-Headline Reading &...

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (03/10/14)
Paramore and Queens Of The Stone Age will co-headline a night of this summer's Reading and Leeds Festival. Also unveiled today were Basement, Jimmy Eat World and more. Scroll down to see an updated line-up poster.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
12:22 PM on 03/10/14
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Added TodayA Day To Remember
Andy C
Basement
Ben Pearce
Bombay Bicycle Club
Bondax
Boys Noise
Breach
Cage The Elephant
Chvrches
Circa Waves
Clean Bandit
Danny Brown
David Rodigan MBE
Deaf Havana
Die Antwoord
Don Broco
Drenge
Eagulls
Enter Shikari
Flume
Foster The People
Giggs
Gorgon City
Hacktivist
Imagine Dragons
Jacob Plant
Jimmy Eat World
Joey Bada$$
Jungle
Klaxons
letlive.
Lizzo
Lower Than Atlantis
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Marmozets
Neck Deep
Nero
Paramore
Peace
Pendulum (DJ Set)
Queens Of The Stone Age
Sleeping With Sirens
Temples
Fat White Family
The Hives
The Neighbourhood
Vampire Weekend
Vic Mensa
Wolf Alice
12:37 PM on 03/10/14
Chrisj182
User Info.
Didn't half of those bands play last year? The main downside of this is that it's probably Basement's only UK show this year.
12:39 PM on 03/10/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Dyyyyyaaaaamn fine lineup. i wish i could go.
12:44 PM on 03/10/14
Fowdall
User Info.
Didn't half of those bands play last year? The main downside of this is that it's probably Basement's only UK show this year.
Yeah this is becoming the "problem" with R+L I guess.

But seeing as they book at lot of the biggest young new acts across all musical styles I guess its to be expected.
12:51 PM on 03/10/14
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This line-up is actually looking pretty damn good, I reckon there's more bands on there I want to see than there were this time last year, and there's still the Lock-Up/Pit announcements to come.
12:53 PM on 03/10/14
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Are Paramore really that big? I've never found their music to be anything other than generic, so I may be biased, but surely they can't be a bigger draw than Macklemore, Imagine Dragons, and Vampire Weekend. Those artists are huge right now.

I would of thought A Day to Remember would be a bigger draw than Paramore if I'm being honest.
01:05 PM on 03/10/14
dirty sanchez
Something's gone terribly wrong
User Info.
Are Paramore really that big? I've never found their music to be anything other than generic, so I may be biased, but surely they can't be a bigger draw than Macklemore, Imagine Dragons, and Vampire Weekend. Those artists are huge right now.

I would of thought A Day to Remember would be a bigger draw than Paramore if I'm being honest.
Yes. Paramore are bigger than all of those bands.
01:06 PM on 03/10/14
Chrisj182
User Info.
Yeah this is becoming the "problem" with R+L I guess.

But seeing as they book at lot of the biggest young new acts across all musical styles I guess its to be expected.
Seems to be the same with Download as well though, who i'vw now realised have made a steal getting Fall Out Boy when they'd be much more suited to this.
01:08 PM on 03/10/14
hometownblues_
Sam
User Info.
If Blink are there, I'm there.
01:13 PM on 03/10/14
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
Yes. Paramore are bigger than all of those bands.
Paramore is absolutely NOT bigger than any of those acts. Their popularity and Vampire Weekend's popularity may be slightly comparable, but Macklemore and Imagine Dragons are in a whole other league of popularity. Imagine Dragons is the biggest "rock" act right now and Macklemore is the biggest "rap" and pop act right now.

At least that's in terms of the United States. Sometimes comparing one's popularity in both countries is like stepping into the twilight zone.
01:15 PM on 03/10/14
dirty sanchez
Something's gone terribly wrong
User Info.
Paramore is absolutely NOT bigger than any of those acts. Their popularity and Vampire Weekend's popularity may be slightly comparable, but Macklemore and Imagine Dragons are in a whole other league of popularity. Imagine Dragons is the biggest "rock" act right now and Macklemore is the biggest "rap" and pop act right now.

At least that's in terms of the United States. Sometimes comparing one's popularity in both countries is like stepping into the twilight zone.
Heh, I've never heard a Macklemore or an Imagine Dragons song in my life, so my response might have been biased.
01:22 PM on 03/10/14
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.

As you say - popularity can differ massively between countries.

Paramore are certainly bigger than Imagine Dragons over here (England). Macklemore is very popular and I ASSUME he has had good chart success due to the amount of exposure he gets (don't know for sure) but I still think Paramore would be a bigger draw for an event like Reading / Leeds.

Vampire Weekend are popular but more so with the hip kids than the mainstream I think.

Please correct me (anyone) if I'm wrong - I don't really listen to the radio / charts / music video channels so I could be wrong, but that's from what I've seen.

Having a quick look on Wikipedia for album charts..

Both of Paramore's last 2 albums hit number 1
Imagine Dragons reached number 2.
Vampire Weekend's last 2 reached number 3.
Macklemore reached number 20?! (but Thrift Shop scored a number 1)

... which kind of backs that up!
02:17 PM on 03/10/14
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
As you say - popularity can differ massively between countries.

Paramore are certainly bigger than Imagine Dragons over here (England). Macklemore is very popular and I ASSUME he has had good chart success due to the amount of exposure he gets (don't know for sure) but I still think Paramore would be a bigger draw for an event like Reading / Leeds.

Vampire Weekend are popular but more so with the hip kids than the mainstream I think.

Please correct me (anyone) if I'm wrong - I don't really listen to the radio / charts / music video channels so I could be wrong, but that's from what I've seen.

Having a quick look on Wikipedia for album charts..

Both of Paramore's last 2 albums hit number 1
Imagine Dragons reached number 2.
Vampire Weekend's last 2 reached number 3.
Macklemore reached number 20?! (but Thrift Shop scored a number 1)

... which kind of backs that up!
Those chart ranks Im assuming are from England, right?

Haha yeah as soon as I posted my comment it dawned on me that not everyone on this site is in America. But year it America Paramore's sales are the weaker of the four.
02:19 PM on 03/10/14
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
i hope shit pops off when Danny Brown plays. Him, Blink, Pusha T, Paramore, Joey Bada$$ & The 1975 are the only ones i'd like to see.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums