AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Sound of Animals Fighting News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Sound of Animals Fighting
Inside AP.net

The Sound Of Animals Fighting To Release...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (03/21/14)
In celebration of the return of The Sound of Animals Fighting, Equal Vision Records is releasing the band's first two albums, Tiger and the Duke and Lover, The Lord Has Left Us... on vinyl for the first time. Preorders are now live.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
06:47 AM on 03/21/14
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
MAR 21 - Equal Vision Records alumni outfit The Sound of Animals Fighting, which features Anthony Green (Circa Survive), Matt Embree and Chris Tsagakis (Rx Bandits) and Rich Balling (formerly of Rx Bandits), has united this weekend for a series of shows. This is the band’s first time performing together in over seven years and sees the band performing on the East Coast for the first time ever.

In celebration of the return of The Sound of Animals Fighting, Equal Vision Records is releasing the band's first two albums, Tiger and the Duke and Lover, The Lord Has Left Us... on vinyl for the first time. Preorders are now live at tsoaf.merchnow.com.

The first pressing of Tiger and the Duke is available in green (limited to 700) and in black 180gram 'Audiophile version' (limited to 300), while the first pressing of Lover, The Lord Has Left Us... is available as a double LP in white (limited to 700) and in black 180gram 'Audiophile version' (limited to 300).

Bundle packages featuring test pressings of each album are also available as an extremely limited option, with only 20 units of each available. Both titles also feature heavy matte lamination gate fold jackets. Orders for all options are limited to two per customer.

The ever-evolving experimental outfit, who has carved out an incredibly unique niche in the modern musical landscape with their distinct style, shifting pool of guest artists and unique production methods, last performed in 2006 with a run of shows in San Diego, Las Vegas, Hollywood, and Anaheim – their only shows ever, until now. The magical artistic experience of the band’s previous Anaheim show was captured on film and later released as a live DVD called We Must Become The Change We Want To See.

In the signature spirit of The Sound of Animals Fighting’s always unique ventures, fans can again expect a one-of-a-kind experience at the upcoming tour dates, complete with intimate vignette solo performances by the likes of Embree, Green, and C-Gak as they enter the shows. The upcoming live performances will feature songs off of Tiger & The Duke and Lover, The Lord Has Left Us…, as well as never-before-performed songs off of their 2008 release The Ocean And The Sun [Epitaph Records].

The Sound of Animals Fighting will be joined by Kansas post-rock practitioners The Appleseed Cast on the West Coast shows and supported by ensemble Unwed Sailor on the East Coast dates.

All recent/upcoming tour dates can be found below.

TOUR DATES:

Mar 20 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre - SOLD OUT
Mar 21 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
Mar 22 New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater - SOLD OUT
Mar 23 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
Mar 28 Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
Mar 29 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
Mar 30 Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
06:59 AM on 03/21/14
ratsforcandy
i miss the seasons..
User Info.
Fuck yes. A no-question purchase
07:03 AM on 03/21/14
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
Yeah. No thought had to be put into that purchase
07:18 AM on 03/21/14
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Now I'm panicking cuz I don't have any money on plastic. Just these stacks of hundo's.
07:23 AM on 03/21/14
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
Damn. I already threw cash at the American Football reissue, now this? It's a good Friday.

Also, really liking the updated Lover, The Lord artwork.
08:28 AM on 03/21/14
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Other stuff by this band has been ok, but Lover, The Lord Has Left Us will always stand out to me as hands down the only awful CD I ever preordered from any band. I remember being pumped at that clip of Anthony Green in "Skullflower" but to my dismay the rest of the track was horrid.
08:48 AM on 03/21/14
Fool
User Info.
I wish they had Ocean and the Sun up too but that's okay. Got the 180's and I'm happy. Still wondering why there were no Chicago dates though.
09:10 AM on 03/21/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
I vastly prefer the original Lover... artwork, but this is pretty cool.
09:37 AM on 03/21/14
MalevolentHoff
The Walking Wounded
User Info.
I wish they had Ocean and the Sun up too but that's okay. Got the 180's and I'm happy. Still wondering why there were no Chicago dates though.
Epitaph released The Ocean And The Sun. But I totally agree.

These were no-brainer purchases. Beyond excited to see them tomorrow at Best Buy :)
10:19 AM on 03/21/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
yup - bought both. Lover was an album I was initially not very pleased with (my review on this site says as much) but it really grew on me over the years.
11:21 AM on 03/21/14
scoyne327
User Info.
Currently in NYC for Lydia/TSOAF. Purchased.
11:21 AM on 03/21/14
Bryan GribbIe
"Don't get hit"- Isai
User Info.
yup - bought both. Lover was an album I was initially not very pleased with (my review on this site says as much) but it really grew on me over the years.
That's a really refreshing opinion to hear; there are still some almost unlistenable parts, but the beautiful parts far outweigh them.

Edit: even though I know you aren't a big fan of rating albums, how would you rate it numerically now, out of curiosity?
11:30 AM on 03/21/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
That's a really refreshing opinion to hear; there are still some almost unlistenable parts, but the beautiful parts far outweigh them.

Edit: even though I know you aren't a big fan of rating albums, how would you rate it numerically now, out of curiosity?
probably high 7s low 8s
12:10 PM on 03/21/14
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I want Tiger and Duke but can't justify 20 quid for essentially four songs. Shame, since I used to jam that all the time in my teenage years.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests