Displaying user's 4 posts
09:51 AM on 04/01/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Great write-up, great band, so-so record
05:54 AM on 04/02/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
So I'm guessing this will go down as your least favorite record from them. Which songs DO you like?
The thing is that I LIKE most of them...it's just that I don't LOVE very many. The only ones I really connect with in any semblance of the fashion in which I've connected with their music in the past are "The Only Thing" and "Oaks" and even then those would be two bottom-tier songs on any other THS record in my book. All of the others I like to varying degrees except "Almost Everything" which is pretty blah. And then "Spinners" goes on too long and the chorus feels weird and awkward to me, like it doesn't fit or is a bit too slow or something. I dunno. Which is a damn shame because the verses, especially the first one, and the pre-chorus is all great
04:31 PM on 04/02/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
He said my name's Steeeeve Perry baby, people call me "Circuit City"
09:13 PM on 04/02/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
You know, I have never understood if there was any connection between Steve Perry and Circuit City... I'm not a huge Journey fan although I have listened to Don't Stop Believin' about 50 times lately as I make my mind up about what happens in the final scene of The Sopranos. He dies btw.
I think it's just Craig Finn's usual witty stream-of-consciousness semi-nonsensical pop culture references haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos