AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Viewing the Coachella Video Performances

Posted by - 11:39 AM on 04/14/14
AFI's set from Coachella can be viewed here, The 1975's can be peeped here ... and if you're looking for most of the others, check here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
11:41 AM on 04/14/14
BrendanMachow
User Info.
Poor dude in The 1975 had bass troubles for a bit of the set. Still hoping Matt Healy could get a bit tighter with his vocals live.
11:45 AM on 04/14/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
This is so much better than being there, although being there to hear Illmatic in full would have been amazing.
11:48 AM on 04/14/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
Poor dude in The 1975 had bass troubles for a bit of the set. Still hoping Matt Healy could get a bit tighter with his vocals live.
Yeah, I thought it was less noticeable when I saw them, because you're part of it, but every time I see live footage of them I just think "hmmm".
11:49 AM on 04/14/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Let's not pretend there's a set people want to see more than Outkast's.
12:08 PM on 04/14/14
Fool
User Info.
I'm most interested in Grouplove and the 1975. Watching The 1975 now and they had a poor start which seemed to throw them off course for most the set. The label should seriously invest in some lessons for Matt though so he can improve his live game. No shame in recognizing your flaw and working to fix it.

I'm still holding onto hope for seeing a video of Grouplove's "Didn't Have to Go" live. It'll never happen :(
12:14 PM on 04/14/14
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let's not pretend there's a set people want to see more than Outkast's.
Um, I am going to assume you haven't seen clips of their set or haven't heard about it. I don't want to spoil it for you but it was one of the biggest let downs in the festival's history.
12:20 PM on 04/14/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Um, I am going to assume you haven't seen clips of their set or haven't heard about it. I don't want to spoil it for you but it was one of the biggest let downs in the festival's history.
No, I saw it. Yea, it was odd. The crowd's energy was terrible and obviously they're still working on getting their chemistry back. The 1975 was probably one of the worse performances they've ever had. Just bad.
12:33 PM on 04/14/14
Fool
User Info.
Crowds are never very good at festivals. I don't get why this still surprises artists.
12:52 PM on 04/14/14
TylerDrumming
User Info.

I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite some of the awkwardness. I definitely wouldn't call it one of the biggest let downs Coachella has ever seen, but to each their own I guess.

Crowds are never very good at festivals. I don't get why this still surprises artists.

To be fair, it seems like this is primarily an American problem. I can't say that I've ever seen a video from a European festival without a pretty top notch crowd. Not sure why we have such a problem here.
01:20 PM on 04/14/14
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
wow that 1975 set was horrid, i dont even know what to say
01:22 PM on 04/14/14
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Matty's voice is kind of rough but that 1975 set sounds meh due to the shitty live sound engineering. I would hesitate to put too much blame on the bands performance.
01:29 PM on 04/14/14
CaptainDills
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought almost every performance this weekend (didn't see The 1975) that I saw on the feed was really solid. Outkast seemed like they didn't really want to be there but Muse, Arcade Fire, Foster The People, Grouplove, The Naked and Famous, Bastille, Lorde, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Chvrches, Zedd, etc were all very good. Even MGMT sounded the best I've ever heard them.

Overall, this was probably the deepest festival lineup I've ever seen. Over the course of three days, there were 27 acts I would pay to see and at least 50 I would've enjoyed watching.
01:37 PM on 04/14/14
richrad
The Thoroughbred of Sin
User Info.
Terrible sound on the AFI video.
01:41 PM on 04/14/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
Terrible sound on the AFI video.
Yeah, almost every set I've watched has been a let down. Well, "let down" isn't super appropriate, since I had low expectations for festival sound and crowd reaction. But AFI's mixing sounded weird for the first half of the set, and the crowd was terrible. The silence when Davey held the mic to the crowd during Silver and Cold was depressing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos