AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Take Care - I Wonít Deny What I Said And I Really... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 8
Production 8
Creativity 6.5
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7.5
Final Verdict: 72%
Member Ratings
Vocals 7
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.75
Production 8
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 8
Average: 81%

Take Care - I Wonít Deny What I Said And I Really...

Reviewed by: Spyda (05/14/14)
Take Care - I Wonít Deny What I Said And I Really Canít Take It Back
Record Label: Independent
Release Date: January 2014

Take Careís I Wonít Deny What I Said And I Really Canít Take It Back serves as a perfect introduction for this band to the pop punk scene. Clocking in at just under 10 minutes (including the intro track), the group blazes through three quick, catchy pop tunes, which is just enough to pique the listeners interest, as well as give them a good idea of what Take Care is all about.

For a self-produced album, I have to say that I was immediately impressed by the production value on these songs. The instruments are mixed well and the guitar tone just screams pop punk. Some people might be off-put by the artificial sounding drums (itís very obvious that theyíve been programmed in), but I think they suit the style well and actually really appreciate how well they sit with the rest of the instruments. In particular, I love the fat sounding snare drum sample thatís used. I mean, this is essentially a pop album, and sometimes electronic instruments just work better for that sort of thing.

As far as actual musicianship goes on this record, Take Care keeps things simple yet solid. The guitar work is interesting, yet still very straightforward, which allows attention to be drawn to the vocals which are obviously meant to be the focal point of the bandís sound. Their vocalist has a great sounding voice, but is hindered by the use of obvious autotune. My one wish for their next release is that the singer works on his voice enough to be able to hit the notes unassisted, because otherwise his voice meshes perfectly with the sound the band is going for.

Although Take Care hasnít accomplished anything new or revolutionary for the genre with this release, thatís not the point. The point is that they show a solid understanding of what it takes to be successful in the pop-punk scene, and will definitely gain a strong fan base once they have a more substantial (in length, not content) album to promote themselves with. To sum things up, if youíre looking for an easy-listening pop punk album with catchy hooks and nostalgic lyrics that tug on the heartstrings, itís hard to go wrong with this EP.

Recommended If You LikeReal Friends, The Story So Far

http://takecaremd.bandcamp.com

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests