"Cars and Planes and Shuttles and Legs"
I live on the east coast, and go to school at the University of Missouri, so I find myself traveling a lot, for long periods of time (more on me down below, if you care). The songs below are a sampling of the much, much, MUCH longer playlist that I listen to on my travels (it physically hurt me to leave "Born to Run" off of this one). Some songs mention traveling in the lyrics, others just give off a vibe that makes me feel like going off on an adventure. I would advise anyone who enjoys this playlist to listen to all of the albums these songs come from, as they are all great to listen to on the open road or when staring out on the Earth from 5,000 miles high. The list itself is pretty eclectic, starting off with a few relaxed songs before hitting the Menzingers-ETID combo of the list's climax. It then rides a string of choice southern rock cuts before finishing with "The Backseat" (*tears well in eyes*) and "Take Me Home" (*sobbing*). Also, I'd recommend listening to this through headphones, for maximum effect.
1. "Just Like Heaven" - The Cure
2. "Don't Mean A Thing" - St. Paul and the Broken Bones
3. "Family Business" - Kanye West
4. "Permanent Tourists" - The Graduate
5. "Somewhere Only We Know" - Keane
6. "If You Believe Me" - Relient K
7. "Time Tables" - The Menzingers
8. "Wanderlust" - Every Time I Die
9. "The Bucket" - Kings of Leon
10. "Day Drunk" - Buch Walker and the Black Widows
11. "State I'm In" - NEEDTOBREATHE
12. "Omaha" - Counting Crows
13. "The Backseat" - The Gaslight Anthem
14. "Take Me Home" - Phil Collins
My name is Ryan. I was a lurker for a while before joining in June 2010. As I said above, I attend the University of Missouri, majoring in Journalism (News Reporting). I listen to a ton of different genres, and I don't know if I could pick a favorite or one that I listen to more than others. Some of my favorite artists off the top of my head (besides the ones on this list, all of which I adore): The Civil Wars, Danny Brown, The 1975, Acceptance, Third Eye Blind, The Killers, Frightened Rabbit, Paramore, K-Dot, Outkast, and Ginuwine. Yes, that Ginuwine.
Shameless plug: follow me on Twitter
for music, news articles, and lots and lots of bad puns/sports tweets, mainly about the Orioles, Capitals, Redskins, and Mizzou.