AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bad Suns - "Salt" - In the Open [Video]

Posted by - 01:55 PM on 05/21/14
Bad Suns' new live video for the track "Salt" can be found in the replies. The video was done by In The Open in a single take in the hills of Topanga Canyon here in Los Angeles. The track is featured on the band's debut album, Language & Perspective, which hits streets June 24th on iTunes and July 1st everywhere else. Their single "Cardiac Arrest" broke Top 20 at Alt Radio last week.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
01:55 PM on 05/21/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:18 PM on 05/21/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
This is really cool! Perfect harmonies for days!
02:24 PM on 05/21/14
UrSpaceIsEmpty
User Info.
Band rules. Can't wait for the album.
03:29 PM on 05/21/14
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
they were really impressive last night w/ The 1975, once you get past the singers awkward dance moves
03:44 PM on 05/21/14
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
they were really impressive last night w/ The 1975, once you get past the singers awkward dance moves
i like em quite a bit more than 1975 for some reason. hoping they follow through with their full length.
04:09 PM on 05/21/14
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
i like em quite a bit more than 1975 for some reason. hoping they follow through with their full length.

they're both similar in the upbeat 90's sounding material, and I'm certain BS will become huge (they're great), but I feel there's a few details BS is missing that will keep them from succeeding as much and like The 1975. maybe it's too soon to predict anything, but that's my opinion at the moment

I knew The 1975 was going places the first time I watched the original video for "Sex" back when they were B I G S L E E P years ago
04:20 PM on 05/21/14
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
they're both similar in the upbeat 90's sounding material, and I'm certain BS will become huge (they're great), but I feel there's a few details BS is missing that will keep them from succeeding as much and like The 1975. maybe it's too soon to predict anything, but that's my opinion at the moment

I knew The 1975 was going places the first time I watched the original video for "Sex" back when they were B I G S L E E P years ago
you might be right. while the songs aren't instant classics, there is a lot of promise in the individual parts (vocal melodies, rhythm section, instrumentals all have their moments). a little more maturation in songwriting, a well as a consistent full length would take them to the next level.
09:05 AM on 05/22/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
not avail in canada haha
11:24 AM on 05/22/14
jesster4life911
User Info.
Singer sounds a lot better than when I saw them with The 1975.
02:28 PM on 05/24/14
coolcalmjoe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reminds me of Foster the People. Studio version of this song sounds even more like Foster the People.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos