www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
This band fell off hard.
08:48 PM on 05/26/14
piercethesirens
piercethesirens
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Eh, not bad. Probably like it more than most of the songs on the new record. Considering how great the Self Titled was I was really disappointed with Monsters in the Closet.
I think the self titled was the worst album they have come out with and monsters in the closet is a close second
09:00 PM on 05/26/14
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
jeez didnt expect to see all this hate. I love monsters in the closet
09:19 PM on 05/26/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Thought people loved the self titled, I don't know what happened.
09:57 PM on 05/26/14
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
we've got some new insights on mayday's music here. there are people who think the second album wasn't a trainwreck, and that there's no emotion on their songs anymore. wow. opinions, i guess
05:49 AM on 05/27/14
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
I understand that some of their songs have similar structures but i just cant help but love almost everything they release.
07:23 AM on 05/27/14
@@ron
User Info.
Monsters in the Closet didn't do much for me. These three extra songs make me feel the same. Idk if they're different or if my tastes changed, but I love their self titled album.
03:40 PM on 05/27/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
All their best songs are written by Jason anyways
06:54 PM on 05/27/14
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
the s/t had many good songs, really not sure where the love for the awful anywhere but here came from.
07:28 AM on 05/28/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Released two more

11:02 AM on 05/28/14
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All their best songs are written by Jason anyways
Please, enlighten me on which of their best songs were written by Jason?
12:18 PM on 05/28/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
Please, enlighten me on which of their best songs were written by Jason?
I mean Lesson In Romantics virtually was all written by him. Im not a huge Mayday fan, but If I remember correctly, he wrote most of the instrumentals and lyrics for all of those songs. And It is easily their best album. I'm not saying some of their stuff without Jason is bad. They got some great songs in their discography, but Mayday is a good band. They are not amazing, not great. They are good and I do enjoy listening to them sometimes. That being said, there are plenty bands in the genre who do it better.
08:20 PM on 05/28/14
SaintSammy17
I have nothing witty to write here.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean Lesson In Romantics virtually was all written by him. Im not a huge Mayday fan, but If I remember correctly, he wrote most of the instrumentals and lyrics for all of those songs. And It is easily their best album. I'm not saying some of their stuff without Jason is bad. They got some great songs in their discography, but Mayday is a good band. They are not amazing, not great. They are good and I do enjoy listening to them sometimes. That being said, there are plenty bands in the genre who do it better.
A Lesson in Romantics definitely was not all written by him. The only song he wrote 100% himself lyrically was Miserable at Best which was about his now ex-wife. He mostly just came up with the lead guitar parts and was good for a chorus. Arguably the best Mayday Parade song is Three Cheers For Five Years and that was written by their drummer, Jake. I know people really latch onto ALIR because it was a great debut album, but I don't think their subsequent albums have been different enough for everyone to latch onto this notion that everything stemmed from Jason being the end all be all.
08:22 AM on 05/29/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
A Lesson in Romantics definitely was not all written by him. The only song he wrote 100% himself lyrically was Miserable at Best which was about his now ex-wife. He mostly just came up with the lead guitar parts and was good for a chorus. Arguably the best Mayday Parade song is Three Cheers For Five Years and that was written by their drummer, Jake. I know people really latch onto ALIR because it was a great debut album, but I don't think their subsequent albums have been different enough for everyone to latch onto this notion that everything stemmed from Jason being the end all be all.
It wasn't all written by Jason like I said. But I remember reading that Jason wrote most of it. I think Jason is a better song writer. But that is just my opinion.
11:05 PM on 05/30/14
jonesderek76
Contagious Waste of Time and Space
User Info.
The new album didn't click for me, and only a few tracks off of S/T clicked. I really wanted to like it, but I can agree with everybody saying the songs are all sounding the same. Same harmonies, lyrical themes, and guitar lines. I did think I was in the minority loving Anywhere but Here, Im glad to see it grew on people.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos