Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Corey Ayd Leaves Banner Pilot

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/30/14)
Corey Ayd has left Banner Pilot.
We have some crummy news to share Corey has decided to leave Banner Pilot, and played his final show with us last weekend. It's been awesome to have him as part of the band for the last few years, and we're bummed to see him go. Luckily, it's just because he has other cool stuff going on in his life right now, and not for a bad reason like him being adamant about moving the band in a ska direction. Luckily for all of you, you can still check him out in his other band, The Manix, and we recommend you do so. So, what does this mean for the other three sad sacks in Banner Pilot? Well, it means we need a new guitar player! If you're interested, shoot an email over to bannerpilot@gmail.com.

Here is the criteria:

1. You need to be good enough at guitar to play our songs (this is not necessarily the same thing as being "good at guitar")
2. You need to be able to sing backups and occasional lead vocal parts live
3. You need to not be a piece of shit

Being down for touring, driving a van, etc are also important, but those are the three big ones. Beyond those things, we're open--- for example, don't feel like you have to have a gruff voice or whatever. We're kinda just looking for a live / touring guitarist for now, but if it really works out (and you want to, obviously) it could become a songwriting / recording thing, too. So wish Corey well on his next adventures and drop us a line if you feel like trying to fill his big shoes.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
04:35 PM on 06/30/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Does this mean Corey is part of Masked Intruder?

edit: nvm. I mixed up The Gusto and The Manix
09:12 PM on 06/30/14
epaynedds
User Info.
Who?
11:13 PM on 06/30/14
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
"Guys, I'm going to be that guy that says 'Who?' in the thread and pretend to be snarky but ultimately seems like an asshole. Then I'll be called out and I'll say 'No I genuinely was asking who that was' to attempt to cover my ass but in all honesty I'm just a waste of fucking space and words."

RE: The actual news

That blows, I love Banner Pilot and I hope they find a good fit for them. Their criteria is hilarious.
12:21 AM on 07/01/14
Nick_K99
User Info.
This sucks, but excited to see what my favourite band does next
06:37 AM on 07/01/14
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Im a little sad about Corey's departure; but excited for what he does with the Manix. - Can't wait to see what and where Banner Pilot goes and who replaces Corey.
08:47 AM on 07/01/14
sexcells
User Info.
Had the manix guys stay at my crib when they were in az...fun dudes! ...I'm kinda surprised by this , but wish him well
09:29 AM on 07/01/14
gatoraid666
User Info.
Sooooo what should we do?
09:30 AM on 07/01/14
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I'd love to try out. I've played Wonderwall a couple times at frat parties.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests