AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Amazon News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bill Corgan None to Pleased at Amazon

Posted by - 10:12 PM on 07/16/14
Billy Corgan is not happy that Amazon leaked the Smashing Pumpkins' Adore Reissue track listing.
I spent some time this morning preparing what was meant to be the reveal of the ADORE BOX SET, for where the real juice lies in it is what sonic goodies made their way on it. Notably, I was prepared to share this information here on The Panopticon as far back as two months ago, but made the mistake of asking the record label if I should wait. And if you saw my comments earlier today, you already know that I’m very upset that an online retailer broke their agreement, posting up the tracks up before we could do it here first AS THEY’D ASKED. The irony being where do you think this kind of information comes from, if not for your truly?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
10:16 PM on 07/16/14
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
I feel like is just looking for reasons to get upset now
10:24 PM on 07/16/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
I suppose it's only natural that someone who was brilliant and weird enough to pen "Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness" was probably doomed to grow up into a very strange, awkward middle-aged man.
10:44 PM on 07/16/14
sergioisevil
User Info.
If it were anyone else, I'd say these complaints were justified.

But since it's Billy I'm going to say he needs to stop whining about everything.
10:57 PM on 07/16/14
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
Who gives a fuck? Song titles before a release don't necessarily say or do anything with regards to an album, other than to say there's this many songs on the record.
11:14 PM on 07/16/14
Schultzy
User Info.
Stop. Making. Music.
12:06 AM on 07/17/14
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
I never get the unnecessary hate for Billy.
I feel like what most people view as incessant whining is just the fact that Billy cares so much about this band and about his music. This guy's track record is just totally untouchable - how many other modern artists put out records as consistently grandiose and incredible as he did from '91 - '00?
01:44 AM on 07/17/14
Swerve City
No labels
User Info.
Haha some people just dont understand that alot of artists put their blood sweat and tears into making records and have ideas on how THEY want to present these projects to the world. I cant blame him.. but lets forget that amazon BROKE their agreement. This isnt a handshake like "ok now please dont release the track listing" this is a full on business agreement involving the hard work and effort HE put into it..
02:26 AM on 07/17/14
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
It's not like a re-issue of Siamese Dream where people would actually care what goodies were on it...
02:55 AM on 07/17/14
icantdecide
Registered Member
User Info.
In other news, homeless people are unhappy that food and homes are often hard to come by. Now a moment of silence for Billy Corgan and his tracklist.
03:01 AM on 07/17/14
gatoraid666
User Info.
I suppose it's only natural that someone who was brilliant and weird enough to pen "Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness" was probably doomed to grow up into a very strange, awkward middle-aged man.
lol so right! I love you for that.
03:27 AM on 07/17/14
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
amazon does that shit too often so i wouldn't blame him at all
03:56 AM on 07/17/14
DeLorean88
Everything Will Be Alright
User Info.
This is not the first time Amazon has jumped the gun on these things, I understand why he is disgruntled by this, but there are far more important things than a reissue's track listing being leaked, via a medium where his album will be for sale anyway. He doesn't lose money over this. It's not like the album leaked 3 months before it was going to be released or something.
04:02 AM on 07/17/14
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I can't believe that this is something a real person would be upset about.
04:25 AM on 07/17/14
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
Haha some people just dont understand that alot of artists put their blood sweat and tears into making records and have ideas on how THEY want to present these projects to the world. I cant blame him.. but lets forget that amazon BROKE their agreement. This isnt a handshake like "ok now please dont release the track listing" this is a full on business agreement involving the hard work and effort HE put into it..

Give this man an award!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version