AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Title Fight Sign With Anti-Records

Posted by - 12:09 PM on 07/24/14
Title Fight have signed with Anti-Records and have a new album in the works. A video announcement is in the replies.
Title Fight States: "Our ability to choose our own path regardless of current or past status quos is a defining characteristic of Title Fight. We are humbled to be a part of the Anti- roster where we feel these qualities will be strengthened and supported." Title Fight is in the studio now recording all new material with producer Will Yip and details on the forthcoming album are to be announced. Title Fight will play the This Is Hardcore Festival in Philadelphia this July in addition to the Riot Fest dates in Toronto and Chicago this September.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
12:10 PM on 07/24/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:17 PM on 07/24/14
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
"Secret Society" is one of their best songs, and it's from their latest record.. so more like that, please!
12:17 PM on 07/24/14
greenguy1
User Info.
Cool. Hopefully they'll think about expanding their sound and sort of finding their own sound this time instead of sounding like every other band in the Run For Cover/No Sleep scene. Not really their fault though. It seems all young bands these days want to sound like Title Fight or Balance and Composure.
12:24 PM on 07/24/14
grapenoseboy
Mystical Beast
User Info.
yeeeeeeee-haw. News of new title fight always makes me giddy.
12:26 PM on 07/24/14
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
Cool. Hopefully they'll think about expanding their sound and sort of finding their own sound this time instead of sounding like every other band in the Run For Cover/No Sleep scene. Not really their fault though. It seems all young bands these days want to sound like Title Fight or Balance and Composure.
also shamelessly ripping off hum was pretty obnoxious

less of that also
12:37 PM on 07/24/14
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
This is so contradictory. You say you want them to "find their own sound" and then turn around and say that a bunch of other bands want to sound like them? How does that make sense?
12:37 PM on 07/24/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.

If they're back with Will, their sound isn't going far. Unless they really go outside their zone, I see it being regular ol' Title Fight. And I'm cool with that.
12:41 PM on 07/24/14
ballroomtrance
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they're back with Will, their sound isn't going far. Unless they really go outside their zone, I see it being regular ol' Title Fight. And I'm cool with that.
Define "regular ol' Title Fight," because The Last Thing You Forget is miles away from Shed which is miles away from Floral Green which is miles away from Spring Songs.
12:41 PM on 07/24/14
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
I'm Hopeful that it's either it hits harder than the upbeat numbers on Floral Green or continues down the slower root from that album.
12:47 PM on 07/24/14
abovepalmtrees
User Info.
also shamelessly ripping off hum was pretty obnoxious

less of that also

Have you ever given Hum a good listen? The only Title Fight song that bares any similarity to Hum is, maybe, 'Head in the Ceiling Fan'... and even that song has much more in common with a band like Codeine than it does Hum.
12:54 PM on 07/24/14
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
Have you ever given Hum a good listen? The only Title Fight song that bares any similarity to Hum is, maybe, 'Head in the Ceiling Fan'... and even that song has much more in common with a band like Codeine than it does Hum.
Yeah, I'm speaking specifically to that song. Sure, they don't do that sort of stuff every song, and I can see where you're coming from with Codeine, but you're being really obtuse if you don't think the influence isn't super obvious.

Like it's just coincidence that every tumblr kid started jocking Hum after Floral Green came out. I like the band a lot, but it made me miss Shed because it didn't seem like they were throwing their influences too heavily on display.
12:54 PM on 07/24/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
at first I was thinking A-F Records, and I was gonna be like "weird." But Anti- is even weirder of a label for them.
12:58 PM on 07/24/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Floral Green was very good can't wait for this!

So weird that they're signing to Anti- this band gets really odd opportunities
01:08 PM on 07/24/14
abovepalmtrees
User Info.
Yeah, I'm speaking specifically to that song. Sure, they don't do that sort of stuff every song, and I can see where you're coming from with Codeine, but you're being really obtuse if you don't think the influence isn't super obvious.

Like it's just coincidence that every tumblr kid started jocking Hum after Floral Green came out. I like the band a lot, but it made me miss Shed because it didn't seem like they were throwing their influences too heavily on display.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. As much as I enjoyed Floral Green, it was kind of a hodge podge of influences being worn a little too hard on their sleeves. Hopefully this new one is less of "This song sounds like Hum. This one sounds a lot like Jawbreaker" and it just stands as a great Title Fight album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos