AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Yellowcard News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Video Interview With Ryan Key of Yellowcard

Posted by - 10:01 AM on 08/06/14
Hit the replies for a video interview with Ryan Key of Yellowcard. He talks about the band's new album, Lift a Sail, and mentions the first single will probably be "One Bedroom."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
10:01 AM on 08/06/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:16 AM on 08/06/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Woo! Utah!
10:25 AM on 08/06/14
Jesse061890
User Info.
I could be wrong, but I think I remember Jason saying One Bedroom was his favorite song on the record, so that's a good choice for a single.

I'd assume that'd be dropping relatively soon, the next week or two, if the album is due out in September.
10:31 AM on 08/06/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
I could be wrong, but I think I remember Jason saying One Bedroom was his favorite song on the record, so that's a good choice for a single.

I'd assume that'd be dropping relatively soon, the next week or two, if the album is due out in September.
I really like that song because it's pretty different than anything they've done before (and I really like the lyrics and relate to them). It's a slow-ish ballad like song, not unlike a mix of "Hang You Up" meets "Here I Am Alive" ... poppy but different. So anyone expecting a fast pop-punk song from the first song ... here's your warning: this isn't it. Haha.

It's a tie between that and "Fragile and Dear" as my favorite at the moment I think.
10:44 AM on 08/06/14
awesomo91
I'm super cereal right now.
User Info.
I really like that song because it's pretty different than anything they've done before (and I really like the lyrics and relate to them). It's a slow-ish ballad like song, not unlike a mix of "Hang You Up" meets "Here I Am Alive" ... poppy but different. So anyone expecting a fast pop-punk song from the first song ... here's your warning: this isn't it. Haha.

It's a tie between that and "Fragile and Dear" as my favorite at the moment I think.
I relistened all their albums and came to the conclusion that most of their songs are "fast".
I know this was asked before but is it really that different with "Lift a Sail" in comparison to their other records in regard to the tempo?
And as an impatient huge Yellowcard fan I cannot hold this anymore: When can we expect to hear new music? (If you're allowed to speak about this only)
11:15 AM on 08/06/14
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
'90s alternative rock as an influence sounds exciting.
11:19 AM on 08/06/14
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
I just want to hear the song in the tour announcement. That sounded so epic.

Who am I kidding, I want to listen to the whole thing now. I'm hoping this is their best album.
11:34 AM on 08/06/14
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
Always though Ryan seemed like an awesome dude. I wasn't really a huge fan of the band before their hiatus but they're one of my favorites now.

Edit: With that said, I felt like Southern air was a more watered down version of wyttsy so I'm stoked with the direction they're going in.
11:52 AM on 08/06/14
Passion Man
User Info.
get that interviewer a cough drop.
11:58 AM on 08/06/14
brettswanny
brettswanny
User Info.
Richie T and X96! Salt Lake City wouldn't have half the good shows they do if it weren't for X96!
12:11 PM on 08/06/14
boomer08
User Info.
Now I'm thinking that everyone is gonna hate this just like they hated Good for Me by The Swellers or ISWSOF by Four Year Strong. It's guaranteed that I will love it, though. Almost every time a band releases a "blacksheep" album, I seem to like it even more than their most popular albums.
12:22 PM on 08/06/14
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i was wishing the band would give us a song before the official first single, just so we can get a taste of the album...
12:42 PM on 08/06/14
nowa312
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Now I'm thinking that everyone is gonna hate this just like they hated Good for Me by The Swellers or ISWSOF by Four Year Strong. It's guaranteed that I will love it, though. Almost every time a band releases a "blacksheep" album, I seem to like it even more than their most popular albums.

Did "Good for Me" really get that much hate?? I think that album is great... I am being more optimistic about this YC album and I am hoping it is their best album yet, with the comments I've read about it so far. I think Tate said something in another thread along the lines of this being a direction they needed to go in but didnt know they needed to go in until they did it.. I kind of feel they needed to change things up a little bit or evolve the sound but still remain yellowcard. Just cant wait to hear a song already.
01:07 PM on 08/06/14
boomer08
User Info.
Did "Good for Me" really get that much hate?? I think that album is great... I am being more optimistic about this YC album and I am hoping it is their best album yet, with the comments I've read about it so far. I think Tate said something in another thread along the lines of this being a direction they needed to go in but didnt know they needed to go in until they did it.. I kind of feel they needed to change things up a little bit or evolve the sound but still remain yellowcard. Just cant wait to hear a song already.
I LOVE Good for Me as well. I just remember everyone saying that they wished it was more like Ups and Downsizing and that they shouldn't have made such a "rock" album.

I have huge hopes for this YC album, too. I'm just worried that the stupid masses will complain that it doesn't sound exactly like OA or "Always Summer" and that YC will struggle to remain as relevant as they are now. It's the same thing that happens to every pop-punk band when they release something ambitious.

Coming Home
In With The Out Crowd
Welcome the Night
Before Everything and After
Ignorance is Bliss (Face To Face)
Lights and Sounds
Disconnection Notice
Dirty Work
Five Score and Seven Years Ago
It's All In Your Head (Eve 6)

They all suffered this fate, the fans turn on the band as soon as they try something a little different. Every one of those band besides maybe All Time Low went into damage control and went right back to making the exact same types of songs that they made before these albums, rather than continuing to push the envelope.

I haven't heard any of Lift a Sail yet but I'm worried that same thing will happen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos