AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

House of Heroes Release 'Smoke' EP

Posted by - 11:47 PM on 08/18/14
House of Heroes' new EP is up on Bandcamp.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
12:44 AM on 08/19/14
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
It's awesome
06:18 AM on 08/19/14
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
It's OK. Probably better than their last album.
08:22 AM on 08/19/14
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
It's OK. Probably better than their last album.
unfortunately that's somewhat true. I think "A Fire Only We Know" and "Satisfied" are pretty easily the best tracks, but the first 3 keep growing on me the more I listen to them. Really don't like "Infinite" though, the verses feel like a re-do of "We Were Giants" and "Angels of Night", the latter of which was easily the best recording on Cold Hard Want (if not plainly the best song)
08:41 AM on 08/19/14
JGG
User Info.
unfortunately that's somewhat true. I think "A Fire Only We Know" and "Satisfied" are pretty easily the best tracks, but the first 3 keep growing on me the more I listen to them. Really don't like "Infinite" though, the verses feel like a re-do of "We Were Giants" and "Angels of Night", the latter of which was easily the best recording on Cold Hard Want (if not plainly the best song)
I'll fight you on that one, Comfort Trap was one of my top songs of the year, haha.
09:07 AM on 08/19/14
Theow593
User Info.
I think this is the best thing they've done in yeeeeears. "Satisfied" and of course "Fire Only We Know" are some of the best, if not the best tracks they've ever made. I DO miss a bit of the mathy-ness that was on their earlier stuff, and I hope they take what they've learned musically/rmotionally/songwritingwise and incorporate some instrumental complexity, and make their true masterpiece album
09:24 AM on 08/19/14
theherox
User Info.
I'll fight you on that one, Comfort Trap was one of my top songs of the year, haha.
I actually agree that Comfort Trap might be a better song, but I still think Angels is a better recording. Comfort translates better to live performances, but as a recorded, engineered, mixed, produced piece of art, I think Angels is the best thing they've ever put out.
09:42 AM on 08/19/14
theherox
User Info.
I think this is the best thing they've done in yeeeeears. "Satisfied" and of course "Fire Only We Know" are some of the best, if not the best tracks they've ever made. I DO miss a bit of the mathy-ness that was on their earlier stuff, and I hope they take what they've learned musically/rmotionally/songwritingwise and incorporate some instrumental complexity, and make their true masterpiece album
you don't think it would be their second masterpiece?
09:49 AM on 08/19/14
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Debate all you want but everyone should buy this EP or pledge to their IndieGoGo campaign where you get it with your pledge. So good. These guys need to stick around for a long time.
10:35 AM on 08/19/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Great collection of songs.
11:47 AM on 08/19/14
iamalexenglish
Loading ███] 99%
User Info.
sub so i remember to check it out
12:28 PM on 08/19/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Infinite is my favorite song off this EP. Wrecks me. Love it.
12:54 PM on 08/19/14
theherox
User Info.
Infinite is my favorite song off this EP. Wrecks me. Love it.
really?? Tell me more, because so far it's the only song I don't like
01:10 PM on 08/19/14
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
really?? Tell me more, because so far it's the only song I don't like
For me it's largely lyrically. I connect with them in a very personal way. And musically, it just draws me in, especially the chorus. Very emotionally charged song.

I love every song on this EP, but yeah, this song is my favorite.
01:21 PM on 08/19/14
theherox
User Info.
For me it's largely lyrically. I connect with them in a very personal way. And musically, it just draws me in, especially the chorus. Very emotionally charged song.

I love every song on this EP, but yeah, this song is my favorite.
I'll pay more attention to the lyrics on my next listen :) I just finished a jam through of Cold Hold Want and had forgotten how much I liked that record, particularly tracks 5-11

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos