AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48.
12:08 PM on 07/24/08
MNlukeMN
User Info.
Favorite cd, great review. Not completely familiar with how you rate stuff, but just what was missing on the production for you? i would have to say this is the best production i have heard on a metalcore album by far, i would certainly give it a 10. Its all just spot on. I'm sure you have your reasons for the 9 though.
02:15 PM on 07/24/08
AbsentTruth
we will overcome
User Info.
This album is amazing. It's like a hurricane of sound.

This is my favorite misery signals album and I love all three. It's just so damn good.
04:25 PM on 07/24/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Favorite cd, great review. Not completely familiar with how you rate stuff, but just what was missing on the production for you? i would have to say this is the best production i have heard on a metalcore album by far, i would certainly give it a 10. Its all just spot on. I'm sure you have your reasons for the 9 though.
I just don't give a lot of tens. haha but I would agree that the production is ace for metalcore this year.
04:28 PM on 07/24/08
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
This cd is amazing... It sounds so much cleaner and tighter than their previous works (even though those were great in their own ways.) The production is stunning on this album... definitely in my top for 08
07:50 AM on 07/25/08
Casanova, Baby!
New Boot Goofin'
User Info.
I have continued to listen to this album over the course of the week and I have kind of gotten bored of it....time to move on to After The Burial.
04:52 PM on 07/25/08
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Awesome review too... loved it
12:17 AM on 07/27/08
LikeEatingGlass
To die: to sleep; To sleep
User Info.
At first I thought Karl's more pronounced guttural vocals on this would get a bit much. Not so, after several listens. The whole CD just clicked for me. Definitely one of the best progressive metalcore bands going around. Three LP's/an EP down and they're solidifying themselves as serious mainstays in the scene.

How amazing is the segue from the ambient ending of 'Reset' into the 'Homecoming'. Wowsers....

Well written review too! It's obvious how excited the music makes you.
09:17 AM on 07/27/08
IcedOpethBlind
User Info.
love this album
09:18 AM on 07/27/08
IcedOpethBlind
User Info.
How amazing is the segue from the ambient ending of 'Reset' into the 'Homecoming'. Wowsers....

the whole record flows together so seamlessly...truly an experience.
07:32 AM on 08/11/08
Mikecarrozza
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really don't get why people are obsessed with Of Malice and the Magnum Heart.
Mirrors is a greater record and by far. The music is better and personally I think Karl is better than Jesse. I don't understand why people put down Mirrors like its a piece of shit.
It should be hailed as one of the best albums ever
08:28 PM on 08/31/08
vakuola
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love this album. For me it's metal album of the year.
04:45 PM on 12/04/08
lovelife
User Info.
Solid review man seriously. This album really is an incredible piece of work, and I'm stoked that you mentioned the drumming because oh my god, that guy is a genius. The stuff he writes is seriously amazing. Anyhow, this is by far my favorite band, every record has blown me away.
10:36 PM on 01/20/09
gutrage
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have to agree with everything positive thats been said about this album, it flips my lid HARD! But can anyone recommend me another band thats as good as Misery Signals? A band that nails the sweetspot between brutal and melodic? As far as im concerned Shai Hulud doesnt count haha, they dont pump out any big balls riffs like these guys do!
02:41 PM on 02/09/10
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
"Of Malice & The Magnum Heart" is by far their best release, that album is a masterpiece. Jesse's vocals on that are incredible, his screaming and talking parts are so great. But I must say I do enjoy "Controller" much more than "Mirrors".
08:20 AM on 09/12/10
tkxxx7
User Info.
I love his vocals, I can understand EVERY WORD he's saying.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests