Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Staff Reviews (09/12/08)

Posted by: Chris Fallon (09/12/08)
That was just your life.
Staff Reviews (09/12/08)Metallica - Death Magnetic (Chris Fallon)
United Nations - United Nations (Drew Beringer)

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:22 AM on 09/12/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
01:12 AM on 09/12/08
mrogerslives
User Info.
5 years of waiting....for nothing. Talk about a band that hasn't gotten better at all. It's no wonder they fight so hard for royalties. They should of heeded Grohl's advice and taken their time. Not just hating to hate, this album is really bad. I'm sure it will appease their fans, but this album could of come out a year after their last album, its certainly not symbolic of a 5 year hiatus. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go home and put some water in Buck Nasties Mom's dish.
01:13 AM on 09/12/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Yes, I name drop this in my review
01:15 AM on 09/12/08
mrogerslives
User Info.
02:41 AM on 09/12/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Eh, if you still think Metallica is going downhill, you must not have liked them in the first place. This is exactly the album they needed to make.
03:20 AM on 09/12/08
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Very timely reviews- I am getting both of these albums today.
03:25 AM on 09/12/08
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
5 years of waiting....for nothing. Talk about a band that hasn't gotten better at all. It's no wonder they fight so hard for royalties. They should of heeded Grohl's advice and taken their time. Not just hating to hate, this album is really bad. I'm sure it will appease their fans, but this album could of come out a year after their last album, its certainly not symbolic of a 5 year hiatus. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go home and put some water in Buck Nasties Mom's dish.

You should "of" paid more attention in school.
04:34 AM on 09/12/08
ShallowDepths
ShallowDepths
User Info.
I really hope someone plans on reviewing Portugal, The Man's new album relatively soon (if they haven't already and I simply missed it somewhere?)
04:39 AM on 09/12/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I really hope someone plans on reviewing Portugal, The Man's new album relatively soon (if they haven't already and I simply missed it somewhere?)
Someone should be this week.
04:45 AM on 09/12/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

Did you even read the review or did you just assume it was bad?

The album is awesome. Been listening to it all week.
06:03 AM on 09/12/08
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Basically, this is best collaboration/supergroup since the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles joined forces with Vanilla Ice to create “Ninja Rap.”

That line is awesome.
07:22 AM on 09/12/08
aidan1029
User Info.
Eh, if you still think Metallica is going downhill, you must not have liked them in the first place. This is exactly the album they needed to make.
I agree. I was a huge fan until they released Load. I couldn't stand to listen to them once that came out. Lately, I've been listening to their early stuff (Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning), so I was pretty stoked when I listened to clips from Death Magnetic this morning. There is no way that this will ever surpass what they did early on, but this is exactly what this band needed to do. Rick Rubin really helped get them out of their slump. I generally don't purchase a physical cd unless I really like it, but I can actually see myself buying the cd rather than downloading it.
10:41 AM on 09/12/08
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
I wanted Bayside
10:48 AM on 09/12/08
captainamazing4
@josh_newton
User Info.
Lovin the reviews. Solid job both of you :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests