Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Random Song Discussion -- Your Thoughts

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (10/02/08)
What do you think of certain songs? Why does a particular song do it for you? What do you think about a band's single that didn't take off? It doesn't matter what song at all; we would love to read your thoughts on however many songs you'd like to talk about, whether it be a single line, or an entire dissertation. See this format for more.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 399
07:16 AM on 10/02/08
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
"Have another drink and drive yourself home...
07:19 AM on 10/02/08
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I can't get that new Slipknot song out of my head. ( ) "Psychosocial". I've never really been into Slipknot before. I think if the right song hits you at the right time that it's love.
07:20 AM on 10/02/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Forever the Sickest Kids - "Phone Call"
Blake swears that this song would be huge if it were a single. If "Whoa Oh" didn't do it, I definitely don't see this song doing that.

Panic at the Disco - "That Green Gentleman"
Is it just me, or does this song sound like the perfect intro for a movie where the lead character is walking to start a great day of school or something?

Sense Field - "I Refuse"
This is a great pop rock song. I'm surprised more people don't talk about this band.

Finch - "Untitled"
Probably my favorite song off What It Is to Burn, this song just brings it all. The build up to the ending is great.

Rise Against - "Life Less Frightening"
Rise Against is a band that I don't think anyone doesn't like, because they make accessible songs with a harder edge that usually say something. This song isn't as politically-leaning as their others, but I think the vocals shine and it is a fun song to listen to. Perhaps my favorite song by this band.
07:25 AM on 10/02/08
ship of fools
hello
User Info.
It's occurred to me that how 'good' the song is is irrelevant. It's all about business. It's sad though, there are so many talented bands and artists out there that refuse to sell out, paving the way for our Fergies and just about every rap artist out there. In a perfect world, the common person would dig a little deeper and want some meaning in their music, and be fed up with this nonsense.
taylerx0
I'm ready, waiting on my ending.
User Info.
In before "Take Cover" is mentioned.
JackBauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jack's Mannequin- "Cell Phone"

I've had a hard time connecting to music lately, except for this song. Just something about it. Hard to pinpoint.
07:27 AM on 10/02/08
HollywoodAbalze
doog it
User Info.
i don't care what genre, i'm still a sucker for a good melody
i love songs with great hooks and when singers and guitars hit the right notes at the right times
a perfect example of when guitar notes don't hit the note they should is the beginning of 'hold the door' by armor for sleep when the guitar comes in
07:30 AM on 10/02/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't get that new Slipknot song out of my head. ( ) "Psychosocial". I've never really been into Slipknot before. I think if the right song hits you at the right time that it's love.
I haven't listened to that song. I'll do it now.
07:35 AM on 10/02/08
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
I'm a big fan of the new sense fail songs haha I'm rather enjoying the release.
07:35 AM on 10/02/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
most recently, i would have to include "retrace" from anberlin's new record, new surrender. i don't know what it is about the song that i like so much (considering i'm still breaking the record in and didn't really like it on the first go-around). it sounds like a theme song for a good drama pulled right out of the 80's (at least to me it does).

a little while back (july 2008), i got the new hit the lights album, skip school, start fights and i absolutely love the track "say what you wanna say". it's totally great. with a line like "payback, cause talk is cheap, you'll lose your bite trading teeth in for enemies," how can you not like it?

oustide this genre, i have been playing the hell out of marc broussard's new album, keep coming back. very soulful and very relevant. shameless plug: i just wrote a review on it if anyone is interested in getting into his music. it's worth your time, i a promise.
07:39 AM on 10/02/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm a big fan of the new sense fail songs haha I'm rather enjoying the release.
I need to listen to this. I wonder what the reasoning behind the change in Buddy's vocals was. I really liked the guitar work though, from the songs I heard on their myspace.
07:40 AM on 10/02/08
timothyonfire
User Info.
Lightspeed Champion - Midnight Surprise : That song is simply beautiful and for being a near 10 minute long song, it doesn't bore you. When it ends, I'm actually surprised because it feels like only 3 minutes have gone by and want more. The woman vocalizing through the soft transitions send me off. The build up at the end is something dreams are made of.
07:42 AM on 10/02/08
refgirl23
at least I'm not a UT fan
User Info.
I've always asked myself, why it did it take until "Six Feet Under the Stars" and "Dear Maria" for All Time Low to get big? I really think "The Party Scene" could've been huge had it been pushed.

EDIT: I just realized it was ultimately "Coffeeshop Soundtrack" that I thought should've been huge. Damn muscle relaxers, I can't think about anything without getting confused.
07:43 AM on 10/02/08
Timetoroll
Strives for better musical taste.
User Info.
For me, I cannot stop listening to that Avenged Sevenfold song "Critical Acclaim". Its been out for awhile but it's... I dunno.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests