AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 129.
09:23 AM on 10/06/08
Posthardcore
User Info.
This album really is golden once you get use to it! I cant wait till i get my copy!
09:24 AM on 10/06/08
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Great review. This album is gonna take a bit to grow on me. I think I'm going to enjoy it in the end though.
09:27 AM on 10/06/08
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Alright.

But, I am loving this record.
09:28 AM on 10/06/08
Boucher187
Jonathan "Mox" Moxon
User Info.
Let It Enfold You and Still Searching were both great. Buddys voice did get a little more 'hard core" on Still Searching from LIEY....But they are both amazing albums.
09:33 AM on 10/06/08
lenard27
Let's Go Pens! And Yanks!
User Info.
Nice review. I was worried this album would suck for awhile but the new songs they put on myspace changed my mind. Definitely getitng this ASAP.
09:43 AM on 10/06/08
airik625
-
User Info.
good review drew!
09:47 AM on 10/06/08
thiswokendream
User Info.
Good review. I do think it should have scored a little bit higher in my personal opinion. The band has done something here that most bands never do anymore. Instead of changing with the trends or reinvent themselves to satisfy a fad they have gotten one step closer to truly perfecting their sound. This band just gets better and better. I normally don't classify a band as "one of my favorite bands" until they put out three albums that I enjoy from start to finish and Senses Fail has just accomplished that.
09:59 AM on 10/06/08
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
i think ima pick it up.
just played buddy on Xbox live.
good times.
i dont think he is a bad singer.
he isnt the greatest but definnally not bad.
they 4 songs i heard of this cd were pretty good.
10:04 AM on 10/06/08
Mens
User since 2002
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mediocrity is a killer
10:10 AM on 10/06/08
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
maybe not groundbreaking, but HUGE leaps in songwriting quality and buddy nielsen's lyrics and vocals. i am actually really liking this (even more than still searching) so overall, its nice.
10:13 AM on 10/06/08
2hxc4you
I hate my username so much
User Info.
LIEY is a great album, Still Searching is amazing, and LINAWR is really good. I dont see anything really bad about Buddy as a vocalist.
10:22 AM on 10/06/08
Shieldyoureyes7
User Info.
What I don't understand is that after six years or so of vocal coaching if he still sounds this bad, how bad must he have sounded in the first place and with him being such a terrible singer why was it decided he would sing in the band in the first place?

I can't defend his vocals at all, although I can't say that we can label the band "bad" because of that facet, good, well-constructed music is still good, well- constructed music. I feel like Senses Fail is very polarizing. When I saw them back in 2003-2004 in Chicago I remember thinking that Buddy showed more passion on stage than I had seen out of the entire local scene I came from. So, although he may not have a great voice, he gives it all to the crowd, which I think is where a lot of the love for him comes from. Plus, as teenagers in a band, you kind of just go with what you have, I'm sure when they first started they had no idea they would be on their third studio album one day.
10:23 AM on 10/06/08
fftsjason
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i loved let it enfold you, still do. i also love still searching. his voice is never going to be amazing, but he a very solid and different sounding front-man. his vocals stand out and you could never confuse his voice with anyone else. he is also very consistent and strong live.
10:24 AM on 10/06/08
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
i liked still searching but did not like this release.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums