Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 67
05:11 AM on 03/02/09
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
No, I was making a reference to Simon Cowell, dude.
Ah, I gotcha.
05:26 AM on 03/02/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Pretty solid review actually. You were quite fair and focused.
07:50 AM on 03/02/09
CstrzRock
Nice Guys Finish First / Russell
User Info.
Katy Perry co-wrote "Long Shot" and "I Do Not Hook Up" and Matt Theissen of Relient K co-wrote "Long Shot"
07:59 AM on 03/02/09
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She has one of the best contemporary voices in pop music today, but she needs to focus on one style and not try to zig-zag all over. It doesn't fit her -- she's better off being herself and not going for the dance-pop tunes.
This is true. I have no idea why the record had 14 tracks, that's the worst part about it. I can't even stand to listen to "I want you", and I could live without "if i can't have you", although it has been getting more and more fun to listen to. Trimmed down to 11-12 tracks, this record is great.
08:06 AM on 03/02/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
This is true. I have no idea why the record had 14 tracks, that's the worst part about it. I can't even stand to listen to "I want you", and I could live without "if i can't have you", although it has been getting more and more fun to listen to. Trimmed down to 11-12 tracks, this record is great.
not great, but it would be much improved.
08:10 AM on 03/02/09
lovemetal24
User Info.
blake is hands down the worst reviewer on absolutepunk.net....please god, don't ever become an A&R rep because you would fail miserably
08:14 AM on 03/02/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
i miss her "breakaway" days... even if she was partly-disney than, even the non-singles were amazing tracks (ie You Found Me)
Clarkson cant compare to Lady gaga OR ADTR... Lady GaGa doesnt have too much staying power IMO, though just Dance is indeed a guity pleasure of mine...
as for ADTR... theyve been writing their type of music for a long time before it was popular... my friend knew them before they were even signed... and if you hear the last two albums, they are indeed branching out into both lighter and heavier strands of music...
08:20 AM on 03/02/09
circatbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You call that a review? This review is dreadful.
Haha. I read that the first time and was like lolwut? Then I read it in a british accent and was like awesomeeee. haha.
08:21 AM on 03/02/09
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
your recommending pink with this crap? pink has had album successes every single time out. this is kelly's biggest disappointment ever! my december was her and was fantastic might i add. she sold herself to the devil to make a piece of pop trash that i hope doesn't sell a single unit.
08:33 AM on 03/02/09
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
blake is hands down the worst reviewer on absolutepunk.net....please god, don't ever become an A&R rep because you would fail miserably

Blake gets so much hate; it truly makes me "lol."

i miss her "breakaway" days... even if she was partly-disney than, even the non-singles were amazing tracks (ie You Found Me)
Clarkson cant compare to Lady gaga OR ADTR... Lady GaGa doesnt have too much staying power IMO, though just Dance is indeed a guity pleasure of mine...
as for ADTR... theyve been writing their type of music for a long time before it was popular... my friend knew them before they were even signed... and if you hear the last two albums, they are indeed branching out into both lighter and heavier strands of music...

Breakaway was definitely her overall best CD. I haven't given this a fair listen yet, though, so we'll see how close this is.

As for ADTR... They might be one of the early "innovators" of pop punk/hardcore scene (I don't know, so I'll just give this to you), but Homesick is definitely a typical scene album. I'm sorry, but it is. I mentally group them with bands like TDWP: They're not horrific, but they aren't interesting, and they just make me want to listen to some other band.

your recommending pink with this crap? pink has had album successes every single time out. this is kelly's biggest disappointment ever! my december was her and was fantastic might i add. she sold herself to the devil to make a piece of pop trash that i hope doesn't sell a single unit.

My December was so boring.
08:34 AM on 03/02/09
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
still loads better than most of her contemporaries.
Agreed.
08:35 AM on 03/02/09
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My December was so boring.

i didn't think so.
08:43 AM on 03/02/09
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
I Do Not Hook Up is so good.
08:51 AM on 03/02/09
c_rob2700
believe that we have lost our eyes
User Info.
I wonder what it's like to try and do your own thing and fall flat on your face. I feel sorry for her, now she must reverb back to being a manufactured pop star
08:59 AM on 03/02/09
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
The first time I heard that "My life would suck without you" song I literally laughed so hard I cried. "Suck" is such an ugly and just wrong word to put in a pop song--let alone the chorus.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos